“Unfortunate choice of hotels...”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Piqua
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Piqua
Atlanta, Georgia
“Unfortunate choice of hotels...”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

On the way through central OH, all the other hotels were booked. For a reasonable price, I obtained a room. The outside of the hotel and the lobby all looked decent enough so we decided to give it a shot.

My non-smoking room was smoky. Although the laundry was clean, the whites were dingy and there was hair inside. The shower drain had hair standing in it and the soap stand clearly had caked soap on it. The fit and finish inside were quite rough and the bedding was in poor shape (cigarette burns, extremely old pillows, etc.).

Although the staff was kind, I know that I will not stay there again nor will I advise others to stay there. The rate was highway robbery.

I will say this: my vehicle and belongings seemed perfectly safe.

Room Tip: Just don't stay there unless you're in a real bind and are comfortable with placing yourself...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jon E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sidney, Ohio
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Absolutely terrible. I rented a room while driving through the area on my way to Wright Patterson Air Force Base. The price was different than advertised, at 49 dollars plus tax. The franchise owner/operator, Mr. Patel, is a very rude individual. I walked out to the parking lot to get my luggage, and was given a call that I had to be at work earlier than expected. I was in the parking lot a total of 45 minutes and went into the desk to ask for my money back. Mr. Patel told me that "the system" wouldn't let him give a refund. I asked if there is a corporate number, and he told me that "there isn't a number for that." So he lied, and lied again, then then lied some more. The toilet still had urine in it, and the bathtub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. I'll be attaching pictures here. Please, PLEASE don't stay here. Sleep in your car, it'll be more sanitary and the service will be better. Mr. Patel called my phone the day after to leave me a voicemail, correcting me that I was gone for "45" minutes and not "25" minutes, and to leave him alone. He called my correct number, which I never gave to him, the only way he could have gotten it was through the corporate company I complained to. He's a terrible manager, and I will not be staying at a Budgetel Inn, or any affiliated hotel, ever again. PS - all this fuss was over fifty dollars.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian_omeara07

Travelers are raving about these Piqua hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Piqua
Comfort Inn
#3 of 4 in Sidney
Hampton Inn Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
#1 of 9 in Troy

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Piqua? Share your experiences!