“A good night's sleep”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Piqua
Michigan
“A good night's sleep”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here last week doing the US 127 World's Longest Yard Sale. We called after leaving the motel we had reservations with...creepy desk guy and dirty room. Was so glad they had room at the 'Inn". When I called, the clerk was very friendly and told us to stop at a rest area, pick up one of the travel magazines as they had a coupon for the La Quinta. We did and saved a nice amount of money on our stay. Check in was quick and pleasant. Bed was very comfortable but the pillows were awful - foam and they were hard. The sofa in our room was filthy - cushions stained with spills. I was able to cover it with the decorative throw they had on the bed. Housekeeping needs to pay attention to details as the bathroom had dirty black areas on the grout all around the tub and the corners were cruddy.

Breakfast was okay, but the coffee was awful. When I pushed the valve to get coffee, water came out. The attendant worked with it a bit and finally the water darkened. But it tasted bad, as if some type of cleaner had not been thoroughly rinsed out - you could smell a chemical smell. So no coffee until after we had checked out.

We travel with our dog and she stayed free. However when I went out to walk her in the evening at dusk, there were some men hanging out in the parking lot, sitting on the curbs smoking. I don't know if they were employees or just hanging out. Their staring made me rather uncomfortable. They watched us the whole time we were outside. My husband walked the dog after that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ted C, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Piqua, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
I would like to thank you. I hope you had a great time at the yard sale. I must apologize for your encouter with that guy. We don't usually have people hang out in the lot as the staff will walk the lot from time to time on each shift just to make sure things are good.

I hope that you will try us this year, I seen that it is going to be BIGGER!

Have a great Winter!
Ted C
La Quinta Inn Piqua Ohio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Clinton, South Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stopped here on our way to Michigan from South Carolina. Had requested a first floor room but the room we had asked for was out of service for repairs. We were given a larger room on the 3rd floor which was okay with us as we do not have any conditions which would prevent us from making the trip to the 3rd floor. Room was clean and had a fridge and microwave. It was hot that day and the air had been on in the room which was nice as the room was comfortable the minute we walked in. Nothing fancy about the room just a nice place to rest during our trip. Beds were comfortable. Pool and hot tub were both nice and there were plenty of towels available. The breakfast was good and the variety of hot and cold items were nice. The staff working the breakfast area were very friendly. Check in and check out were both efficient and accurate. The hotel is located next door to a Cracker Barrel which was a pleasant experience. There are other restaurant choices close by only a short drive and a gas station was next to the Cracker Barrel which made filling up before leaving a breeze. Overall it was a good value for the price and convenient.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ted C, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Piqua, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
We thank you for your great words for our hotel. We hope that each time you stay at our La Quinta or any other you have the best stay!

Thanks and hope to see you soon
Ted Coulter
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We were initally scheduled at another hotel. When we checked in I knew I could not stay there(dirty, terrible condition) All the hotels in the area were booked because of a soccer tournament. But your Manager worked with us and jiggled things around to accomodate us. She went far beyond our expectations to help us. No other place has ever been so nice. You have a wonderful staff in Piqua.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ted C, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Piqua, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
I would like to thank you for your review of our great Inn. As you may know it is sometimes hard to make things go the wright way. I am glad to see we made all pieces fall into place for you to have a great stay with us

Thanks
Ted C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piqua
Comfort Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sidney
Hampton Inn Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
#1 of 9 in Troy

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Piqua? Share your experiences!