“Friendly service, but a long wait for the pizza”
Review of UNO Chicago Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
UNO Chicago Grill
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our party of 4 ordered 2 deep dish pizzas--and waited about 40 minutes to get them. The server was friendly and attentive, bringing refills of our beverages quite a few times. After about a 30-minute wait for our pizzas, the server came to our table to apologize for the long wait, and said the pizzas would be ready in about 1 minute. It was another 10 minutes before we received them. The pizzas were pretty good, but probably not worth a 40-minute wait. Had the restaurant been busy, I could have understood the wait, but it appeared as though the place was less than half full. The server did a good job; it was not her fault that it took so long to get our pizzas.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

They have really changed some of the menu items to reflect more healthy eating. They now have a whole grain pizza crust option. They have deep dish (which they are really known for) and thin crust pizza. Their ingredients are fresh and unique. If pizza is not your thing, they have an extensive menu that includes a lot of different foods from salads, steak, pasta, etc.
It is a nice environment to eat a tasty meal.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We live near here, and our family group of 8 enjoys the big tables and good food about 5-6 times a year.

It's not a bargain-priced dining experience, but the menu is wide-ranging, and every item is pretty nicely done. So you pay a little more... but you're with family. Clean rest rooms and dining room, and almost always a pleasant server. Expect to pay for dinner, a few beers and soft drinks, tax and tip: about $20-23 a head, all-in.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Funny, going to a deep dish style Chicago pizza joint for a burger, but my wife and I wandered in from the nearby Barnes & Noble for a bite late one evening. Not in the mood for pizza, we sat at the bar and had a frosty beverage. We were greeted quickly by a friendly bartender (don't remember his name). We decided to each have a burger instead of pizza (the pizza is pretty pricey, but then again, so are the burgers at $9+ apiece).

The burgers were large enough that you have to cut them in half to be able to handle them (and save 1/4 for lunch tomorrow if necessary). I think the menu said about 10 ounces, so that matches up well with Max & Erma's burgers.

Char-grilled flavor was good, lettuce, tomato & onion toppings were crisp & fresh, enjoyed the crisp dill spear on the side. Fresh, solid bun that held up to the juicy burger and condiments well. The bacon on my burger was just right, not limp & underdone. Overall a 5+ on the quality & taste scale for the burger, and the side o' tasty fries is a nice accompaniment. I also had a Caesar salad, fresh ingredients and just the right amount and flavor on the dressing. My wife's garden salad was equally good.

We've been to UNO's several times and continue to order burgers vs. pizza, they're so hard to resist. (Did I mention we eat pizza too much?)

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Good pizza, I really liked the chunky sauce. I was looking forward to trying them, wasn't knocked off my feet, but it was pretty good.