“you get what you pay for, I guess...”

Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pickerington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Well, after seeing the hot tub pictures filled with gravel, I was a little sceptable. However, the Best Western site clearly showed a picture of a hot tub so I didn't sweat it. Currently the hot tub is filled with gravel with a nice patio block covering - seems that it may have been more expensive to do what they did rather than fixing the problem.

Our room was clean, but smelled strongly of stale cigarettes, much worse than any hotel I have ever stayed at. The interesting fact about this was... there wasn't an ashtray in the room. I had requested a smoking room, so odor aside, the gentleman at the front desk told me that I needed to walk from the 3rd floor to the front desk to get an ashtray. The room contained 2 19" televisions (19" and 25" advertised), both of which needed to be programmed to allow viewing of all available channels. The bath fan was not operational, requiring the bathroom door to be left open -- a definate problem for a suite-based meeting. The computer table had a leg broken off of it, however, was taped, yes taped, somewhat securely. Perhaps the most shocking of all were the washcloths tied over two of the three sprinkler heads. Being a firefighter, I'm fully aware the pressure available when the fusable links pop... the largest danger in the situation was the fact that someone may not have known this when tying them on. I'm still not sure what purpose that someone thought this served, however, I didn't notice any wetness or signs of leaking valves.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stealth84
There are newer reviews for Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East

Reviewed October 8, 2009

I attended a conference here and spent 3 nights and most days on the premises. My suit had a kingsize bed, kitchenette (mini fridge, sink, microwave, coffee pot and large counter to prep), living area with desk, couch, chair, coffee table, 2 TVs, large bathroom. it was very clean and I had no issues.

I couldn't find the TV remote in the bedroom area so called down and was told I could pick up another one. (I found it later, in the living area, and returned the extra.)

I used the fitness room, it was OK - a stair climber, a treadmill (and a second one that didn't work) and some weights for shoulder/back work. Apparently this hotel comes with a gym membership somewhere else but i didn't use it. Pool looked nice, I didn't swim.

Breakfast was hot and good - sausage patties, egg patties (like scrambled ones for sandwiches), potatoes one day there were hard boiled eggs, there was always cereal, yogurt, apples, oatmeal, bread, rolls, muffins, donuts, a toaster, condiments like hot sauce and honey. Coffee all day.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank ohliz
Reviewed July 4, 2009

I usually do not stray out from Hamptons, but since hampton was sold out iwas recommended by their staff to stay at Best Western Executive Suites. This property offered much more then I would have ever imagined. Their rooms were big and had all the amenities needed, the had free hot breakfast, free news paper, fruits and cookies at the frontdesk and staff was really helpful. I would recommend this property to any hamptonites.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank traveller0169
Reviewed May 12, 2009

Great prices on Expedia. The front dest staff was great, especially Tiffany. The room was very big, and decent. However, the breakfast was just average. There was even brand new carpet in the room.

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank SP0125
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I booked this hotel through hotwire and got it for $45.00 / night it was a suite room with 2 TVs and all the necessary amenities plus they have a full hot breakfast that was pretty decent. Only thing that annoyed me was the Canadian geese around that property and lot of pooh lying around. But overall the stay was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank buggy69
Reviewed April 7, 2009

We came across this hotel online and it seemed like a good value and a great location. The location was perfect for us. Thats about all. When we checked in we were told they had 2 room we could choose from, one on the 1st floor and 1 on the 3rd. Didnt matter to us as long as it was none smoking. First "non-smoking" room we went to smelled horrible like ciagrettes. Went to the second room. Looked cheap, bathroom was dirty and the tub wouldnt drain. Then at bed found an ant crawling across the bed. Over looked that. The second night, found what we thought at first was a tick in the bed. Husband went down to tell the front desk. In the mean time I found another one. We have discovered that they are bed bugs! When hubby came back up to room he moved the bed out and we found at least 30-40 bed bugs in the mattress plus dirt and old food on the floor. He lifted the mattress to find tissues and used condoms under the mattress. The room they moved us to was no better. I pulled back the sheets and a different type of bug was on the pillow. We went through 5 rooms that night, and this was after midnight, so we were exhausted. The desk guy just kept saying how tired he was too. Do i really care??? NO, i want a bed without bugs. The room we ended up in did not have bugs, but the lights in the bedroom did not work and they left broken glass in the bathroom and the shower nozzle was broken. This hotel was horrible. Dont know what the breakfast was like. After finding so many bugs in the rooms we were afraid to eat there. The night this happened the desk guy made promises that he was not "authorized" to make so the hotel ended up voiding what he told us. When we called Best Western they did not seemed comcerned either. Horrible customer service! Oh, and the hottub we were told about when we checked in, it was filled to the top with ROCKS! They told us it was "too expensive" to maintain.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Kasks97
Reviewed August 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while on a business trip. We first entered a sitting room with a couch, chair, coffee table, desk w/ chair and a T.V. There was a looooong galley kitchen with lots of cupboards and drawers, microwave, fridge and coffee pot. Across from the kitchen was the very spacious bathroom. The knob that must be pulled up to use the tub instead of the shower head was broke, but hubby reported it and it was repaired promptly the next day.

The third area was by the window and it consisted of a dresser with a large T.V. and two queen sized beds. The beds were SO comfortable, I didn't even miss my memory foam mattress topper!!

One small problem was that we had a room full of very "happy" women next door. They were laughing and having a great time until after 11 pm. I pounded twice on the wall, and we heard them snickering and then they immediately quieted down.

Hubby tested out the hot tub and the pool. The pool wasn't much bigger than a large hot tub, but he was able to relax.

The front desk people were very, very nice. The breakfast was fantastic. One morning we even had scrambled eggs, biscuits and some wonderful sausage gravy. The second day they had breakfast burritos and there were lots of other choices too. We gave it an A+ !

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank KabinKitty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickerington
Comfort Inn
Comfort Suites East
Comfort Suites East
#98 of 143 in Columbus
Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Best Western Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East

Been to Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East? Share your experiences!