Well, after seeing the hot tub pictures filled with gravel, I was a little sceptable. However, the Best Western site clearly showed a picture of a hot tub so I didn't sweat it. Currently the hot tub is filled with gravel with a nice patio block covering - seems that it may have been more expensive to do what they did rather than fixing the problem.
Our room was clean, but smelled strongly of stale cigarettes, much worse than any hotel I have ever stayed at. The interesting fact about this was... there wasn't an ashtray in the room. I had requested a smoking room, so odor aside, the gentleman at the front desk told me that I needed to walk from the 3rd floor to the front desk to get an ashtray. The room contained 2 19" televisions (19" and 25" advertised), both of which needed to be programmed to allow viewing of all available channels. The bath fan was not operational, requiring the bathroom door to be left open -- a definate problem for a suite-based meeting. The computer table had a leg broken off of it, however, was taped, yes taped, somewhat securely. Perhaps the most shocking of all were the washcloths tied over two of the three sprinkler heads. Being a firefighter, I'm fully aware the pressure available when the fusable links pop... the largest danger in the situation was the fact that someone may not have known this when tying them on. I'm still not sure what purpose that someone thought this served, however, I didn't notice any wetness or signs of leaking valves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded Brand's top quality award, this spacious and tranquil all suites property is minutes from downtown, OSU, Ohio Fairgrounds, and numerous restaurants. Convenient access to The American Motorcycle Association Museum, the Americana Parkway Business Center and the World Harvest Church. Rest, relax and rejuvenate as you take in the tranquil surroundings, with pond and stream nearby.Conveniently located off of central Ohio's Interstate 70, in a Columbus area suburb, the BEST WESTERN Executive Suites-Columbus East provides all-suite accommodations and full service amenities at an unbeatable value. This Pickerington hotel features spacious, well-appointed suites with separate living area, each fully-equipped with cable satellite television with HBO® and wireless high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests are welcome to start each day with a complimentary full hot breakfast and wrap the day up with warm fresh cookies in the evening. Guests also can take full advantage of additional hotel amenities including an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness facility, guest laundry, a full service business center and meeting space. Free passes to the Power Shack Gym. Visitors staying at this Best Western will find themselves close to a variety of local restaurants and shops as well as key area attractions such as the Rickenbacker Air Force Base and the Short North Arts District. Take a quick day trip into nearby Columbus to visit the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium or enjoy an afternoon game of golf at one of the many courses within five miles of the hotel. Corporate travelers staying at the hotel will appreciate being close to the Ohio State University, Department of Commerce, and the Columbus Convention Ctr. This hotel also provides convenient access to local events such as MOPAR, the Ohio State Fair, the Arnold Classic and the Good Guys PPG. The friendly, helpful staff at this PLUS property is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay. Make a reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pickerington
- Pickerington Best Western
- Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East Pickerington, Ohio