“I'll find another place in the area” 3 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Executive Suites - Columbus East
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pickerington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Troy, MI
“I'll find another place in the area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

We needed a hotel in the Pickerington, OH area that was close to the AMA Museum. This Best Western is close as required but so are several other chain properties. I will be looking for another hotel the next time I'm in the area. I intially chose the BW for the Harley-Davidson Ride Program points - I not do that again. The construction of the building is poor. It was a very hot day (96 degrees) and all the doors were sticking. Even the door to the pool had to be yanked on to get it open. My room door was difficult to open and close. I had a first floor room right off the lobby and all night long I heard footsteps on the ceiling above me. The seperating floor construction is wood instead of concrete so the slightest noise is transmitted thru. The guest on the second floor had heavy feet!

The ice machine is on the second floor - did I mention I was on the first? Of course that one didn't work so I had to go to the third floor.

The room was clean and the breakfast was extensive and included. In spite of that, I'll stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: get a top floor room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank prototypecycle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

I don't understand the other reviews at all, but we stayed there overnite last nite and thought it was fantastic. All the rooms are suites. You have a sitting area with a sofa, recliner, tv, cocktail and end tables and a computer work area, then you have a small kitchenette area with a refrigerator, microwave and sink, and then you have a very nice bedroom area with another tv in there. Also a very spacious bathroom. The rooms were very clean and had no odor. The check in was easy and the girl who checked us in was very polite. She told us about the pool and the breakfast. The area is very good. Close to restaurants and shopping. The rate was extremely reasonable. $76.00 including the taxes. I would definitely stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luvdance46
Dearborn Heights, Mi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

Ok I've been traveling all day, I saw this hotel on priceline through their phone application, and in the photos, the hotel displays that they have a JACUZZI and a pool. I was looking forward to the relaxation of a warm jacuzzi after working all day. To my surprise I observed bricks in the ground where a jacuzzi used to be. I was extremely disappointed. The room was good other than that.
We are under a tornado warning. I asked the staff "where is your tornado shelter"? "What is your tornado evacuation plan for guest" The staff was clueless.... No answer.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
mike43147, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Suites - Columbus East, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
We do not have the whirlpool tub since early 2009. Now we do have Jacuzzi suites. Third Party website sometimes take their own sweet time to delete our photos and update their website. but for most accurate info you should visit Bestwestern.com or call the hotel directly. We are constantly changing trying to be above our segment or modifying things as per demand and other issues. This photo of yours is very deceiving and words are misleading and do not do any justice to our property.
Washington, DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

I would recommend this hotel to individuals that are looking for larger rooms w/kitchens, living room area and those not too concerned about decor. I happened to bid on a room, and would only pay to stay here if the price was under $40, I paid $38 excluding tax. I would not pay regular rates for this place.

The noise/privacy factor is not sufficient for my personal taste. I could hear the couple next to my room and all their intimate happenings. I could hear footsteps from the floor above. Every time someone flushed or turned on the shower, it was LOUD.

The bathroom was very clean. The kitchen area clean, floors clean etc... The bottom bed sheet did not fit the bed. The outdated nature of the decor may have contributed to this feeling I had that the place was a little dirty, I tend to not be too picky when I get a room. But, the couch had stains on it, making me not want to sit on the couch.

The front desk clerk was nice. The breakfast service was fine (nothing fancy about the food). Easy drive to Columbus and surrounding areas. I would suggest an okay place for those on a budget. Free internet and free breakfast is a good thing for families on a budget.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Charlottesville, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

The location of this hotel was great. 10 minutes from the wedding we were attending. However, the interior was a bit run down. The room we stayed in and hallways had an overwelming odor of cleaner. However, the chairs in the room were covered with odd stains and smelled. Not all of the lights in the room worked. The room we stayed in was next to the stairway which was used constantly from 6 AM until we left. The door needs a silencer since it slams shut loudly each and every time it is opened.
Overall, not the worse hotel I've ever stayed in, but definately not recommended.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

Nicely located,close to lots of eating places. The only drawback is the lady at the reception (check in) She is from Fiji I believe. She is rude and very unfriendly. Never bothered to explain the facilities of the hotel, breakfast timings or anything else. Needs to be replaced for sure. As long as she is there, I don't believe we would return.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

Very reasonable, 2 dbl beds, kitchenette, 4 days...$334 tax incl. Pool is small and accommodates no more than 10 active children. Shower adequate temp and pressure. AC works fine though air volume (room size) makes chill down a bit slow. But it definitely chills down the room eventually (1-2 hours). I stopped short of EXCELLENT because the toilets are very slow to flush and we had to change rooms because of a stopped up toilet. (Others traveling with us in other rooms reported no similar problem, but the room we changed to also had a slow flush toilet.) Free breakfast is fine but not spectacular.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickerington
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
#1 of 3 in Pickerington
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Pickerington
BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus East
Comfort Suites East
Comfort Suites East
#92 of 143 in Columbus

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Suites - Columbus East? Share your experiences!