“Decent deal, but needs better attention to detail”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pickerington
Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States
“Decent deal, but needs better attention to detail”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a great hotel bargain. You get a comfortable bed and a free breakfast, usually for well under $100. However, the location seems to be lacking an attention to detail. My family has stayed on two occasions, so I feel confident in saying this.

There are strange smells in the hallways, rooms sometimes have broken items (we had a broken phone and a busted cabinet door), and the pool is an unsettling shade of green.

The management team is reactive rather than proactive. On both stays, they had to be reminded to turn on the pool lights and put clean towels on the racks. On the first visit, they needed to be told that they had run out of hot breakfast items.

With stronger management, and some cleaning up, this could be a great, rather than just an average, night's stay.

Room Tip: Not all of the room refrigerators have freezers - be sure to verify if you need one!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Breese, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Overall the hotel is good and the staff is excellent. Pool was in good shape and a good temperature. The breakfast selection was average, but good quality food and attended to by staff. We noticed 3 small black bugs in the comforter on top of the bed. We took it off the bed and asked for a new clean comforter and had no further problems.

Springfield, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a very good experience. Easy check-in; went flawlessly. The room was clean and comfortable. Very nice to be able to relax after a long day on the road. Breakfast was great. Lots of good choices. Thanks again.

New Milford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

The front desk clerk was very nice, check-in was speedy. The room was clean and we even had cookies and candies waiting on the bed! Very spacious. Breakfast was good and the coffee hot, what else can you ask for.

Mifflintown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

This motel was expensive with $11+ in taxes added on to the price quoted. Our room was nice with a microwave and small frig. Beds were VERY comfortable. We had a no smoking room and smelled no smoke while there. My biggest complaint is noise. Our room was on second floor just above the lobby---we faced the highway. And, the highway was a busy one. Also, we were 2 doors away from the ice machine. So we did hear people getting ice, but not after 11 p.m. or so. Water pressure was good in the bathroom, and plenty of nice fluffy towels were provided. We enjoyed our stay. I would recommend a room on the backside of the motel, toward the woods for a quieter experience. Also, I recommend a location further away from the ice machine. We had little choice as there were many people there when we arrived. They do allow pets, which I do not like. We saw one dog, but heard no pets. I do not like to think of sleeping in a room where a pet wallowed all over the bedspread. Breakfast was provided until 9:30 a.m. There was a variety of foods from biscuits/gravy, eggs, sausage, boiled eggs, cereal, muffins, assorted breads, waffles, etc. I would stay here again but away from the highway and ice machine. It appeared that they had done some remodeling. Wifi was provided also. And, there was a nice indoor pool.

Room Tip: Do not accept a front room facing the highway. Rooms on the upper level are quieter as no one is wa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Worst experience ever! Check in was fine until we got in the elevator. Someone had been smoking pot before we got in, couldnt even breath! Then my kids wanted to go swimming and the water was so cloudy and way too warm. That was about the time we needed to switch rooms because the toilet wouldnt flush and was told by the guy at the front desk either we could put our hand in the tank and flush the toilet that way or move to another room. We moved and the window in the new room was open( March and 35°) turned on the "heater" and it only blew cold air? I went down to tell them and ask for blankets ( no sheets or pillows for the pull out) and all they had was one blanket! The guy said he wanted to come up and check it out but my daughter and sister were already sleeping. Then we wake up ( after little sleep due to the party next door) hoping for a hot breakfast and we knew just looking at it that wasnt going to happen. So back up to the room to pack up on our way meeting a very nice SWAT team officer. That whole night they were staking out a room on our floor, drug bust! Nice! I can honestly say I have never cleared my kids so fast out of a hotel room! I have stayed at 5* and I have stayed at" Bobs Trucking Motel" , I would take "Bobs" over this hotel anyday!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is the very worst hotel you could ever stay at. I paid through Hotels.com and when I got to the front desk they asked for a credit card for incidentals. Monday when I got home I found that they had charged my card a second time for an additional 3 rooms. The guy at the front desk (Andy) was rude and hard to understand. He could see the problem, and made it extremely difficult to deal with. To top it all off the young kid that took my CC for incidentals stole my CC information and 2 days later I have 400.00 charged to my account in Michigan someplace...DO NOT STAY HERE !!! this place needs shut down!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickerington
BEST WESTERN Executive Suites - Columbus East
#94 of 143 in Columbus
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus East
Hampton Inn Columbus Hamilton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!