Everything was fine with our check in , quick, simple....However , disaster started as my wife and I (who are Hilton Honors Customers) called the Front Desk and asked for a late checkout the next day on a Sunday...The individual at the front desk told me in no uncertain terms that he would NOT permit a late checkout...I couldn't believe his response as I have requested this of other hotel properties across the World and not one of them ever denied me a courtesy late check out. I asked the person again and then a third time , all times thwarted, then finally I asked for a Manager, I was told he doesn't come in til 7am . I asked again, he then said I am the manager and you will " have to deal with me".....WOW!.....My wife found in the binder in the room a instructional on checking out and if you should need any assistance call the front desk and they will accommodate and assist the "best they can".."THE BEST THEY CAN?..Really?.....So, I call again and inform the front desk person of my findings in the binder provided in the room and again asked for that late checkout and once again..DENIED!, I asked You are not going to honor what is in your hotels binder regarding late checkouts, he said NO....No late checkouts that's what I said..at that point I told him I would be down in the lobby with binder in hand to prove it....by the time I was downstairs I was beyond angry and upset that I was treated so poorly by this afro american front desk agent so rudely and condesendingly.....he was on the phone with his manager STEVE who I asked to speak with before and asked again while I was at the front desk and was denied again....My wife and I will NEVER EVER stay at this property again. We hinted to look into this further with Hampton Inn corporate management... SIMPLY INEXCUSEABLE!......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free wireless high speed Internet access in our rooms, lobby and meeting room. Free use of Business center facilities. We offer dry erase board, DVD player in meeting rooms. Adjacent to Cracker Barrel Restaurant. There are numerous points of interest near our location - Restaurants, Golf Courses, Magic Mountain Fun Center and The American Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum. Indoor Heated Pool open every day until 9:30 P.M., Fitness Center, and Meeting Room. Complimentary access to off-site gym Power Shack by showing your room key. In our Lobby from 6 A.M. To 10 A.M. Enjoy our Complimentary On The House Hot Breakfast. All guest rooms have cable with Free HBO, Coffeemaker, iron/ironing board, hair dryers, and use of a lapdesk for your convenience and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbus-East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Columbus-East Hotel Pickerington
- Hampton Inn Pickerington
- Pickerington Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Columbus-East Pickerington, Ohio