“Unbelievable Rude Service”

Hampton Inn Columbus-East
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pickerington
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Everything was fine with our check in , quick, simple....However , disaster started as my wife and I (who are Hilton Honors Customers) called the Front Desk and asked for a late checkout the next day on a Sunday...The individual at the front desk told me in no uncertain terms that he would NOT permit a late checkout...I couldn't believe his response as I have requested this of other hotel properties across the World and not one of them ever denied me a courtesy late check out. I asked the person again and then a third time , all times thwarted, then finally I asked for a Manager, I was told he doesn't come in til 7am . I asked again, he then said I am the manager and you will " have to deal with me".....WOW!.....My wife found in the binder in the room a instructional on checking out and if you should need any assistance call the front desk and they will accommodate and assist the "best they can".."THE BEST THEY CAN?..Really?.....So, I call again and inform the front desk person of my findings in the binder provided in the room and again asked for that late checkout and once again..DENIED!, I asked You are not going to honor what is in your hotels binder regarding late checkouts, he said NO....No late checkouts that's what I said..at that point I told him I would be down in the lobby with binder in hand to prove it....by the time I was downstairs I was beyond angry and upset that I was treated so poorly by this afro american front desk agent so rudely and condesendingly.....he was on the phone with his manager STEVE who I asked to speak with before and asked again while I was at the front desk and was denied again....My wife and I will NEVER EVER stay at this property again. We hinted to look into this further with Hampton Inn corporate management... SIMPLY INEXCUSEABLE!......

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank peguins3993
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Columbus-East

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were tired from driving all day, the Hampton Inn had a very nice room available. We rested well, got up the following morning, refreshed, took advantage of the complimentary breakfast and were on our way in a timely manner. Great job!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had to check out of the Best Western next door because it was so bad. The Hampton Inn was a dream. It was such a better hotel overall for just a few dollars more a night. Well worth it! The rooms were quite and comfortable. The beds were a good compromise as I like a hard bed and my wife likes a softer bed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Avoid the higher hotel prices of Columbus and stay just a few minutes east. This hotel is located conveniently just-off the highway with easy access back on. A standard Hampton Inn with the regular amenities, the room was clean and spacious. This is not one of the more upscale Hampton Inns, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very clean. There was even someone sweeping up tiny bits of trash from the parking lot. The beds are the most comfortable I have been in for this price hotel. Staff was exceptional, very friendly and responsive. Breakfast was good. I asked to have my oatmeal heated as there was no microwave and someone did it right away! Easy access to Columbus. I would definitely this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Recently stayed at this Hampton Inn property to attend a wedding down in the Columbus, Ohio area for the weekend.

All I can say is that I knew something was funky upon check-in. I say that because the woman at the front-desk was a "peach." I didn't know if she was having a bad day, but found out later she was not, it was just her personality - but she was incredibly short, rude, and just plain mean to my wife and I. Being a Hilton Honors Gold Member I always ask at check-in if the hotel/property has my Hilton Honors #, and she said, "no." That's it. Just a "no." Not a "no, I'm sorry let me look that up for you." I asked, well, can you look it up for us or hang on I'll get it here on my phone. She just wanted absolutely nothing to do with us. "Drivers license and ID." (which I already put on the counter and she didn't see). Rooms keys and we were on our way. Yikes.

Then we got to the room, which was at the end of a hallway where you could hear everything in the hallway and every single person walking by our door, which was also next to a vending machine and the ice machine. Are you kidding me? It was so loud that we actually stuffed towels by the door to block out the noise. (see photo in review).

That night the fire alarm went off in the hotel, and our room on the second floor right in the front of the hotel lobby (right above the drop off), with the exterior/interior AC unit, so you could hear anytime people were coming and going. So when the firetruck/ambulance pulled up in the middle of the night/morning, guess who's room the giant engines were humming in front of? .....nice.

We then asked if we could change rooms to our favorite person downstairs. Yeah right. So much for that. Let's just say, check-out was welcomed.

So, as with all my Trip Advisor reviews:
Q: Would I stay here again?
A: No. Definitely no. This was definitely the worst Hilton property I've stayed at and the customer experience/service was in the pits.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pezman2005
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Clean room, new mattress, attractive décor, extra towels, pleasant staff, several restaurants adjacent to property, comfy chairs, free Wi-Fi, hot breakfast, and more electrical outlets around the room than anyone could possibly utilize. The bed had a comforter, oops,a duvet, with a cover that was washed between guests. There was a blanket in a plastic bag in the closet if you needed less or more. Our king size room also had a small fridge and a microwave.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickerington
Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East
Comfort Suites East
Comfort Suites East
#98 of 143 in Columbus
Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus-East? Share your experiences!