“Refreshing find!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had an unplanned stop for lunch here. The food was excellent, with portion sizes and prices being perfect. The presentation of the meals was beautiful and the ingredients were fresh. The Dining room itself was very well maintained and all the tables were elegantly set.
We would highly recommend a visit to Malabar Farm restaurant

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Everything was delicious & fresh: from the fresh basket of bread to the appetizers to the entrees. We were impressed by the diversity of options on the menu and that the entrees included vegetables for a very good price. We dined at the restaurant on a Sunday, so we were not able to partake in wine/beer (there are some goofy rules about alcohol being served on Sunday in Ohio), so instead opted for freshly made lemonade which was delicious. The staff was courteous, efficient, and checked on us throughout the meal. The dining space was pleasant and had beautiful views over the surrounding landscape near Malabar Farm. We were really impressed and will return.

1  Thank RingoPisco12
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Locate right across the street from Malabar Farm is the Malabar Farm Restaurant. The food here is incredible and a little on the pricey side. However, I always feel like I've gotten my money's worth whether dining on the patio with an excellent view or indoors for more formal dining. You really can't go wrong with the Malabar. I've eaten here probably a dozen times and never had an average entree - always something to remember. If they have the Five Mushroom Soup, be sure to order it, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is the perfect place to go after touring Malabar Farm. Upon exiting, just head east on Pleasant Valley Road and in a short distance it will be there on your left. This is a beautiful old stagecoach stop built in 1820. We arrived just after 4:30pm and the building was bathed in the beautiful late afternoon light from the setting sun. We were seated in the Bromfield Room (the room to the right of the foyer), where they had a print over the fireplace mantel of that famous painting of Louis Bromfield and Prince, his favorite boxer.

My wife had the Pasta Puttanesca, and I had the Pork Steak with garlic mashed potatoes. For the vegetable, instead of the zucchini and yellow squash they substituted butternut squash cubes and tomatoes - what a beautiful way to add some autumn color to my plate. Both entrees were excellent.

On a humorous note, there was an older couple near us who became quite amorous during the course of their meal. Be forewarned, this IS quite a romantic setting, and I believe the couple was overcome by the ambience!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My chicken marsala dinner was excellent. Warm bread. Gourmet greens salad. Chicken marsala with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Friendly and helpful service. My wife had the steamed Cod dinner. Her only problem was that the fish portion was quite small and there was not much seasoning. Thirty three dollars for two without tip.The restaurant has a sunny deck overlooking the valley that was comfortable even in November. The Malabar farm big house is close by and you can get a tour for $4. It is a worthwhile 45 minute tour. Lots of Humphrey Bogart/Lauren Bacall items from their marriage in the house. Next time I am in the area, I would call ahead and make reservations at the restaurant again.