“Fine Dining in Restored 1820's Home”

Malabar Farm Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My chicken marsala dinner was excellent. Warm bread. Gourmet greens salad. Chicken marsala with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Friendly and helpful service. My wife had the steamed Cod dinner. Her only problem was that the fish portion was quite small and there was not much seasoning. Thirty three dollars for two without tip.The restaurant has a sunny deck overlooking the valley that was comfortable even in November. The Malabar farm big house is close by and you can get a tour for $4. It is a worthwhile 45 minute tour. Lots of Humphrey Bogart/Lauren Bacall items from their marriage in the house. Next time I am in the area, I would call ahead and make reservations at the restaurant again.

There are newer reviews for Malabar Farm Restaurant

Reviewed November 11, 2012

In a lifetime of eating out, I have seldom had a finer meal.

My sweetie and I had picked up a great offer on Living Social. 2 nights in a ski cottage, 2 passes to Malabar Farm's Big House and a discount coupon at the Malabar Farm Inn.

I had the lamb chops and they were exquisite. The service was exceptional. our server, Lauren, was bright, personable and quite knowledgeable of the menu and the wine list.

If you are in the Mansfield, Oh region, make a reservation and be prepared to be amazed!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

As part of a Living Social offer combining a stay at Spruce Hill Cottages (separate review) and a voucher toward dinner at Malabar Farm Restaurant, we dined there on Saturday, November 10th. We had driven past during the day (sunny and upper 60s in November!) and their porch was full of outdoor diners. We ate inside that evening next to a fireplace in a lovely room. The food was exceptional. I had the special of the day, cod prepared in parchment with carrots, red skinned potatoes and turnips - wonderful. My fiancé had the lamb chops and said it was one of the best meals he's had.

Our waitress, Lauren, was delightful. She recommended a wine that I loved and was very interesting to talk to. She tells us she only works on Saturday nights, so if you happen to be there on a Saturday, ask for one of her tables - you'll be glad you did.

We thought it was a very good value for the money. We expected to pay more than we did for a meal of this quality.

Almost everything on the menu appealed to me, so I'm looking forward to a return trip as there were many other dishes I'd like to try. I wish it was closer to Cleveland, but we will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Lovely inn, wonderful food. For lunch I had the mushroom soup, a salad, tea, and a pumpkin pie dessert that was light and delicious. So many wonderful layers of flavor in this food. The service was great. In good weather there is a porch where you can have lunch and enjoy the sunshine. The food is reasonably priced considering that it is of the highest quality.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Malabar Farm and Restaurant is one of the highlights if your anywhere near Mid-Ohio racetrack like we were for the last two years in September. While the Malabar Restaurant is located off The Malabar Farm itself, the farm is open to the public by day and the Restaurant is a early evening haunt and fine dining. Sitting outside overlooking the beautiful rolling green countryside is idyllic at best... and enjoying a great meal off the beaten path added to a pleasant experience and spirit of our American farm country.