Mohican Lodge and Conference Center
  • Breakfast included
Heritage Inn(Mansfield)
$61
$59
Best Western Richland Inn-Mansfield(Mansfield)(Great Value!)
$84
$104
ComfortInn
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoutdoor poolping pongstate parkbirds of preygame roomscovered bridgenearby trailsmalabar farmrocking chairsview of the lakebasketball courtfire pitgreat weekendview from the dining roomfamily weddingcommon areasstaff was friendly
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had a great weekend using the AAA Great Escape package. The food was great and the canoe experience was fun and easy going. Our boys also loved the outdoor pool. It was a great place to relax and talk and reconnect. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a laid back experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I found the lodge on Google and wanted to take my boyfriend there for a night for his 30th birthday. I did not know the area, but was very pleased with the kindness of the staff and also the facilities. The area really gives you the feeling of being in the "outdoors". Every lodge, hotel, or motel will have little things that you cannot fix completely. These things may be some hair in the bathroom or maybe a light bulb out (I did not personally experience this) but in general you will have these things and even if I did have these problems I would still give the lodge a five star rating because I am realistic and do not have unrealistic expectations. If you want to get away from the hustle of the city or just your job, this is the place to go. I plan on visiting again soon with family.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed one night with husband for a little getaway. Facility looked tidy and clean but found hair in the bedsheets!! Needless to say, this spoiled a night's sleep. Obviously, bed has not
been changed in between guests. Reported to the front desk upon departure who apologized rather insincerely and said she would notify housekeeping. Other than that, stay was pleasant.

2  Thank jonijmk
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the Mohican lodge for 3 nights in June. My husband was running the Mohican 100 ultramarathon and this was a perfect location for the race. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. Loved the rustic lodge feel. The room was clean and well kept and had a nice balcony. We ate dinner in the restaurant one night, which was very good and had lovely views of the lake. We had dinner in the pub another night and that was also very good. Probably the best burger I've had in a long time. I've heard that the lodge gets their meat from a local farm, which is great! The pool was big and clean and refreshing on a super hot day. We would definitely stay here again if we're back in that area.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed on night in July 2012. Boy is the property secluded way back in the woods. We had a small lake view from our room. We had a King bed room. Room was clean and they offer a new shampoo, soap system in their bathrooms. They are being ecologically friendly so there are dispensers in the shower with shampoo, soap and shower gel, no more small little bottles. There was even a cute stuffed skunk on the bed. Hotel staff was very friendly and gave me maps and directions to the location I was heading to the next day. To the downsides, they charge to use the swimming pool so they can pay the lifeguards, those lifeguards must get paid pretty good. Went to the restaurant for breakfast, the server was very attentive. We ordered the buffet which was lukewarm at best. I kept telling my husband to pick the food closest to the bottom of the trays where it was warmer but it didn't help that the plates we put our food on were ice cold. My husband did notice cobwebs around the indoors of the property but all in all it wasn't that bad.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room, we had no one on the other side because you could hear their toilet flush.
1  Thank Tracy S