“Pretty nice place for small conventions”

Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
McComb, Ohio
“Pretty nice place for small conventions”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Our service club recently hosted their district convention at the Perrysburg French Quarter and overall it was a positive experience. Staff went out of the way to assist us with our needs.

Rooms were nice, what little time we spent there. The internet was fast and accessible throughout the facility. The only negative we found is having convention meals in the atrium area. With the high ceilings, and other guests in the area, it was difficult to hear any speakers during the meeting.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
michiganmomma18
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Where do I even begin.We have 2 small children and it is February and were not willing to have to walk them outside during winter in there bathing suits to go swimming at the indoor pool. I asked the girl 2 different times to make sure the room she was giving us had an inside entrance. We get to our room - yup - outside only entrance. They were nice and got us a room inside. Boy, do I regret that one today. First of all, it being a holidome you'd think it was family friendly. There were drunk people every where. Drinking in the pool, the hot tub, and outside our room. Which, whatever, that was fine, until we were trying to go to bed. The walls are paper thin here. You could here the entire conversation the room next to us was having. There was 20 people outside our room playing drinking games. Finally, I had to call and complain at midnight because I have a one year old who still wasn't sleeping. None of the change machines worked. The bed, hard as a rock. 2 am there were still drunk people roaming the halls yelling crap. I get home, there was an extra $25 on my bill that I didn't realize so I called and they explained it to me - so I decided to tell the girl about my stay in as nice of a way as possible - totally rude and she could not have cared less. So if you are looking to have a party - stay here! If you are looking for a kid friendly weekend - go elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank michiganmomma18
bennettenterprise, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your stay failed to meet your expectations and that when you called to let us know, we failed you once again. Please give our General Manager, Brenda Fey, a call at 419-874-3111. She would like to hear further details about your stay. I am sorry again about your stay and I hope that you will give us another try.

Travelers are raving about these Perrysburg hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 8, 2010

What an unexpectedly wonderful experience! There is really something for everyone at this hotel. It's practically a mini-resort, New Orleans design was very unique. There's plenty for kids and adults alike to do. The Sunday Brunch is amazing, and for guests of the hotel, kids eat free! We'll be back soon!!!

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Defiance, OH
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I went to The French Quarter with my significant other on Febuary 5th, 2010. We went for his birthday, so I got us the King suite with jacuzzi tub. We decided upon arrival that we wanted to jump right in to the bath before getting ready for dinner. My boyfriend ran the bath and turns the jets on. When he did this large amounts of candle wax and pubic hairs came out of the jets. We were so disgusted, we called the front desk and they moved us from that room to another on the same floor. When we got into that room again we went to run a bath, when we went to look at it there was blood and some type of yellow residue on the tub. We cleaned it off on a white wash cloth and took it to the front desk. At that point the gentleman working was very disgusted as well, and again then changed our room from the third floor to the second floor, taking some money off our bill. We asked to have the tub cleaned before going into that room. When we got in their was a man cleaning the tub and asked us why our other room wasn't good enough. He was the same man that brought us a key the first time we moved rooms. We told him what happened and he promised this room would be clean. The tub was cleaned this time, so we relaxed in the bath, got ready and went to dinner. At dinner we we drank a few drinks, having fun we wanted to go back up to our room and go to bed. When my boyfriend removed the sham at the end of the bed their was what looked like poop streaks on the bed. I didn't know what to do at this point. We had already been drinking and couldn't just leave (although at that point I packed all of my things telling him it's time to go). Neither of us were sober, and the roads were getting bad. So we pulled all the blankets off and layed down. I felt very uncomfortable and unsanitary in the room. I told the front desk in the morening about it and they gave us breakfast, which we didn't even want. I had heard that this hotel was awesome, but from our experience we've found it not be so pleasurable. We will never be returning, and very disappointed in what we saw and the customer service.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jesslyne
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the stay failed to meet your expectations and I know that the General Manager has contacted you to further discuss the details. Once again thank you for taking the time to let us know about your problems so that we can correct them. It is through guests like yourself who take the time to contact us that we are able to fix any problems we have. We hope that you will give us another try.
toledo
Reviewed January 31, 2010

We stayed here for my friend's birthday party this weekend and all was well. That is, until we went swimming in the fenced in adult pool right near the main lobby. We all placed our clothes on chairs by the pool to go swimming. While our backs were turned, someone rummaged through our clothing and stole my phone. Now you may say that this is my fault and not the hotel's, but I needed to keep my phone on me at all times to contact my brother in the hospital, and when I went to the front desk crying to report this, the receptionist simply said "Ok." And walked away. I tried this with three different receptionists and no one even ATTEMPTED to think about this situation though it happened literally just a few yards away from them. It got to the point where we did not even feel safe outside of our room because of the things that the thief was saying to us from my phone.

When we checked out, THANK GOD, there was a manager behind the desk.
She took down my name and all of the vital details about the incident. She then said they would check the security tapes and call that afternoon. See? Now isn't that easy?

The other workers were dreadfully unaware of the meaning of "Customer Satisfaction".
I would NEVER go there again, for anything.

And on top of that, I have NEVER seen more drunken, loud, disgusting fools in my life.
The hotel had no handle on anything.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ToledoKaylatravels
bennettenterprise, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this review, February 1, 2010
Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience at the Holiday Inn French Quarter this past weekend. On behalf on the hotel, I would like to apologize for your experience at the hotel and with our staff. The General Manager will be contacting you after she reviews the security cameras regarding your phone. As for the customer service you received at the front desk, that is not the level of service we want to provide to our guests and we will be looking further into the situation so no one else will have the same experience as you. It is through guests like yourself, who bring these situations to our attention, that we are able to improve and exceed guest satisfaction while visiting with us. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and you should be hearing from the General Manager shortly.
Sandusky, OH
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Liked the hotel ammenities for kids ...had a ball playing in the atrium pool area and lots of shopping and dining nearby.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
michigan
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed here on a Fri, Sat & Sun for a soccer tournament. We had 75-100 people, including roughly 40 kids under the age of 12. I got rave reviews from ALL the parents. The kids loved the pools, ping pong & billiards. The parents loved the old fashioned Holidome. From the front desk to the bartenders and the housekeeping staff EVERY request (and we collectively had lots) was met with a smile and a genuine attempt to accommodate the guest. We will definitely be booking here again.

• Stayed August 2009