“Fun for the whole family!”

Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Perrysburg
Reviewed February 8, 2010

What an unexpectedly wonderful experience! There is really something for everyone at this hotel. It's practically a mini-resort, New Orleans design was very unique. There's plenty for kids and adults alike to do. The Sunday Brunch is amazing, and for guests of the hotel, kids eat free! We'll be back soon!!!

Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed February 8, 2010

I went to The French Quarter with my significant other on Febuary 5th, 2010. We went for his birthday, so I got us the King suite with jacuzzi tub. We decided upon arrival that we wanted to jump right in to the bath before getting ready for dinner. My boyfriend ran the bath and turns the jets on. When he did this large amounts of candle wax and pubic hairs came out of the jets. We were so disgusted, we called the front desk and they moved us from that room to another on the same floor. When we got into that room again we went to run a bath, when we went to look at it there was blood and some type of yellow residue on the tub. We cleaned it off on a white wash cloth and took it to the front desk. At that point the gentleman working was very disgusted as well, and again then changed our room from the third floor to the second floor, taking some money off our bill. We asked to have the tub cleaned before going into that room. When we got in their was a man cleaning the tub and asked us why our other room wasn't good enough. He was the same man that brought us a key the first time we moved rooms. We told him what happened and he promised this room would be clean. The tub was cleaned this time, so we relaxed in the bath, got ready and went to dinner. At dinner we we drank a few drinks, having fun we wanted to go back up to our room and go to bed. When my boyfriend removed the sham at the end of the bed their was what looked like poop streaks on the bed. I didn't know what to do at this point. We had already been drinking and couldn't just leave (although at that point I packed all of my things telling him it's time to go). Neither of us were sober, and the roads were getting bad. So we pulled all the blankets off and layed down. I felt very uncomfortable and unsanitary in the room. I told the front desk in the morening about it and they gave us breakfast, which we didn't even want. I had heard that this hotel was awesome, but from our experience we've found it not be so pleasurable. We will never be returning, and very disappointed in what we saw and the customer service.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jesslyne
bennettenterprise, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the stay failed to meet your expectations and I know that the General Manager has contacted you to further discuss the details. Once again thank you for taking the time to let us know about your problems so that we can correct them. It is through guests like yourself who take the time to contact us that we are able to fix any problems we have. We hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed January 31, 2010

We stayed here for my friend's birthday party this weekend and all was well. That is, until we went swimming in the fenced in adult pool right near the main lobby. We all placed our clothes on chairs by the pool to go swimming. While our backs were turned, someone rummaged through our clothing and stole my phone. Now you may say that this is my fault and not the hotel's, but I needed to keep my phone on me at all times to contact my brother in the hospital, and when I went to the front desk crying to report this, the receptionist simply said "Ok." And walked away. I tried this with three different receptionists and no one even ATTEMPTED to think about this situation though it happened literally just a few yards away from them. It got to the point where we did not even feel safe outside of our room because of the things that the thief was saying to us from my phone.

When we checked out, THANK GOD, there was a manager behind the desk.
She took down my name and all of the vital details about the incident. She then said they would check the security tapes and call that afternoon. See? Now isn't that easy?

The other workers were dreadfully unaware of the meaning of "Customer Satisfaction".
I would NEVER go there again, for anything.

And on top of that, I have NEVER seen more drunken, loud, disgusting fools in my life.
The hotel had no handle on anything.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ToledoKaylatravels
bennettenterprise, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2010

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience at the Holiday Inn French Quarter this past weekend. On behalf on the hotel, I would like to apologize for your experience at the hotel and with our staff. The General Manager will be contacting you after she reviews the security cameras regarding your phone. As for the customer service you received at the front desk, that is not the level of service we want to provide to our guests and we will be looking further into the situation so no one else will have the same experience as you. It is through guests like yourself, who bring these situations to our attention, that we are able to improve and exceed guest satisfaction while visiting with us. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and you should be hearing from the General Manager shortly.

Reviewed October 9, 2009

Liked the hotel ammenities for kids ...had a ball playing in the atrium pool area and lots of shopping and dining nearby.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed here on a Fri, Sat & Sun for a soccer tournament. We had 75-100 people, including roughly 40 kids under the age of 12. I got rave reviews from ALL the parents. The kids loved the pools, ping pong & billiards. The parents loved the old fashioned Holidome. From the front desk to the bartenders and the housekeeping staff EVERY request (and we collectively had lots) was met with a smile and a genuine attempt to accommodate the guest. We will definitely be booking here again.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed August 6, 2009

The bathroom floor had some type of dirty spots on it. Our room was across from the elevator so you can image the noise! We choose to eat at the hotel rest. for $17 I got chicken parm on linguini with garlic mashed potatos and all you can eat salad bar. The salad bar left alot to be desired. The chicken parm was bland at most and the mashed potatoes - OMG boxed potatoes without a hint of garlic. Absolutely horrible! We weren't offered another drink to the server came around at the end of the meal. She was to busy dancing to the cruise ship entertainment. There were 2 ping pong tables but you can't see the ball in the dark holidome area. The pool was crowded with small children so that was out as well. No place for a 15 year old and a 17 year old. But to go in the adult pool you had to be at least 19. We called for a roll away at 9:20pm and the phone rang 20 times. We attempted to call housekeeping but that went to an answering machine. We attempted front desk again and no answer so we waited 1/2 hr and finally someone answered. I will think twice about Holiday Inn's in the future. You would think with the economy the way it is, the service and staff and "product" would be A+ .

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank calrit
bennettenterprise, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2009

We are so sorry that your experience at the Holiday Inn French Quarter failed to meet your expectations. We strive to provide great customer service as well as a clean and comfortable environment for all guests and are disappointed that we did not do so in your case. I know that the General Manager has contacted you regarding this to get additional feedback. Thank you for your comments and time.

Reviewed June 25, 2009

This is the old-fashioned hotel I remember visiting as a child. Big lobby, several pools with one very large indoor pool. Hotel staff was friendly. Beds were the most comfortable I have had at any other hotel. My kids really loved the pool and ping pong tables, basketball hoops, etc. I liked the decor in the holidome. Nice.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perrysburg
Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg
Radisson at The University of Toledo
Candlewood Suites Perrysburg
Candlewood Suites Perrysburg
#8 of 14 in Perrysburg

Been to Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter? Share your experiences!