“Fun for kids”

Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Perrysburg
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is only worth the money for the holidome. The rooms are small, old and have not been updated in a long time. It has a great pool and fun area for kids to run around. The staff is conscientious and hardworking. I would only stay here with a group and family.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Steven A, Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Our Holidome area and pool is a great place for families to relax and enjoy! As well as our three pools and play area, we also have Saturday activities planned for children of all ages!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband planned a romantic night out after going to the Toledo Mud Hens game. He reserved a whirlpool room for our evening stay. Relaxing in the whirlpool tub sounded so nice.
After checking in and then parking we entered the hotel to find our room. I understand that this is a Holidome, but the hallways were extremely hot & humid. The smell of chlorine was overwhelming. Once on the 3rd floor it was still hot & humid, but less chlorine smell. In our room we found it cool and the chlorine smell did not enter the room.Thank goodness!! The room was clean and modern. The television had many repeat channels. Full bath and king size bed.....the whirlpool tub was smaller than the actual bath tub. Most rooms of this type have at least a mini fridge for beverages which would have been a plus. We paid almost $150 for this room and it was not worth it at all!!!
In the morning we walked around the hotel property. Some areas were dated and need of paint. The carpet needs replaced, very worn in some areas. They had a breakfast buffet for $8.99 and it had eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, milk and cereal. We did not eat here, this is what was on the board outside the restaurant.
This is our 3rd visit to this hotel, the last time was in 1992 and we had a room near the pool and play area.
I would not book this room again, too expensive for nothing other than a king size bed.
When checking out I would expect a greeting from the front desk, nothing. She took my key, printed off my receipt and said thank you. No asking if we enjoyed our stay, did we have any concerns, hope to see you back again.

Nothing...........I guess she didn't want to know what I thought of the hotel and room.
If you stay here, I hope you get your money's worth, we did not.

Room Tip: Do not request the whirlpool tub room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol G
Steven A, Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We use your feedback to improve our customer service for future stays. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as enjoyable as you had been used to in the past. Please contact me at samburgey@hifq.com as I would love to hear more about your stay.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here last Thanksgiving after black friday shopping. Absolutely loved the room with the staircase leading down to the pool area. Staff was friendly and the room was spotless. Our only problem was finding a place to eat at 10pm on Thanksgiving night!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed The Holiday Inn French Quarter during your Thanksgiving trip! Our hotel has a lot to offer and near many shopping options! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Great for a little getaway!
It's nice that the pool is open until 11pm so my teenagers could swim for a while.
Was bummed that the bar next to the adult pool was closed due to "someone calling off".
Overall my girls had fun!

• Stayed: March 2014
Steven A, Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

I'm so glad your family enjoyed their time at the Holiday Inn French Quarter! Our staff does an amazing job of making sure guests are happy! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for Sunday Brunch at 1230. The food and desserts were picked over and not replenished. The sausage and bacon were dried out (at least I like bacon crisp). If your going for brunch go early!! Or order off of the menu. I would wonder if a manager was on duty, if the answer was yes, apparently she didn't care.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Steven A, Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit to our Sunday Brunch. I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the brunch this time. Our goal is to make every guest happy. In your case, we failed to do so. If there is anything else I can do for you, please contact me at samburgey@hifq.com and I will be more than happy to assist you!

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This two indoor atrium pools the one outdoor pool and the French quarter decor is really cool.
The rooms are decent. The climate control unit in my room was probably 30 or 40 years old and barely worked. The toilets in the bathroom are no bigger than a bucket.
If you have a do not disturb sign on your door that means nothing to housekeeping. Had my alarm set for 10 AM local with the do not disturb sign on the door. Housekeeping still pounded on my door and asked if I was leaving that day. With this behavior by house keeping it is proof that the customer is not number one at this hotel!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Steven A, Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your feedback is what helps us improve our guest service. I am very sorry to hear that you were awakened by housekeeping when you had a privacy sign on your door. I have taken your comments to our housekeeping staff to ensure incidents like this do not happen again. If there is anything I can do for you, please contact me at samburgey@hifq.com.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel has seen it's better days. I was at the hotel with a group and was expecting the hotel to be a 3 star quality but sadly the hallways and rooms were more on the quality level of a 2 star at best. We were out in the Holidome area on the first floor. Upon walking in the hotel corridor, a horrible humid and strong chlorine smell was immediately noticeable.

The hallways were terribly dirty and carpet outdated. It reminded me of my college dorm days. Dark halls and loud steel doors.

The rooms themselves had wallpaper rippling off the walls. The shower smelled very sour. I could not tell where it came from. I am thinking it was the shower curtain or around the toilet. The beds were average at best. The mattresses were dipping towards the center and linens poor. Finally the room smelled of cigarette smoke but was a non smoking room.

The good is there were no bedbugs present which I was afraid of upon first going into the room.

The hotel is limping to the finish line. Not really anything I can say that would make me want to come back to this place. Thank God my wife and family were not with me on this trip...I would have been made to leave immediately.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel and if you can't, get a room not in the Holidome area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear putterpug,

Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to share your experience with us. It is regrettable that this stay was not 100% satisfactory due to the condition of the hallways and the rooms. Your valuable feedback has been noted as this is essential for us to upgrade and enhance what we can offer to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Perrysburg
Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg
2 mi away
Belamere Suites
Belamere Suites
#1 of 14 in Perrysburg

Been to Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter? Share your experiences!