“Rude Staff, Dirty Facility”

Baymont Inn & Suites Perrysburg
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Perrysburg
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed here last night specifically because of their advertised hot tub. I called to double check that they had one because the last hotels I tried to stay at was closed. About an hour after I checked in (which was two hours after I called to essentially alert them that someone might be coming to use said hot tub) I went to use the hot tub and the pool was closed. I go to ask the front desk what the deal is and she says they are filling the hot tub. Why wasn't this already done? So I wait and eventually get to use it, it is not as hot as it as should be since it just moments ago got filled with a hose and has not heated up. The next morning I go down to use it again, 2 hours after the pool opens, and they are filling it again! Why didn't they do this before the pool opened? Isn't that part of the point of having closed hours? Needless to say I was very annoyed and decided to share me concerns with the manager. Now, I'd like to think i'm easy to please, I was willing to look past the absolute dingy quality of the entire hotel and the heater that sounded like a semi was driving through me bedroom because I simply wanted a hot tub. Anyway the manager, GLEN, checked me out. He asked how my stay was and I said, how I was dissatified due to the formentioned reasons, to which he said nothing. Now maybe he didn't hear me because the staff was vacuuming directly behind me so it was loud. He finished printing me bill, handed it to me and said sorry. That was it. I don't think any of this should have happened in the first place but I would like to believe the MANAGER is trained to show a little more compassion for unhappy customers. I then decided to call corporate, thinking they might show some concern, especially since GLEN'S name is mentioned on here numerous times. But no, she rudely told me they would lodge the complaint with the hotel. They obviously don't care, I already tried that. DON'T STAY HERE. CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE # 1.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Lindsaywilcox4

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Very disappointed-- stayed there last year and it's really gone down hill. Last year we didn't get breakfast because the room was full. This year the breakfast offerings were almost non-existent. Felt sorry for Judy who appeared to be an excellent breakfast room director but couldn't provide food that wasn't available.-- No Juice---no eggs-- just plain nothing. Excellent check in process-- bare minimum room with poor housekeeping--- stayed 3 nights and were just plain not happy. Flushed the toiled and the person in the shower got scalded. Manager/owner walking around in shorts and flip flops--- won't be going back any time soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I booked my room ahead of time, this was supposed to be a reward for my 4 year old son for his good behavior, he loves swimming so I specificially booked it for the indoor pool. I live over an hour away but he loves road trips and he has been amazing well behaved. We drove in from Michigan, pulled in, checked in, went to our room (light bulbs burned out, not so clean but whatever it was for 1 night) I packed my son and our 2 suitcases along with a toiletry bag up 2 flights of stairs and made 3 trips to get our things up here, then we came in and got dressed for the pool, he was SO excited! we walked down to the pool and it was closed. So I had a crying 4 year old, I called the front desk and told them of the situation, they Did give me a 25% discount but seeing as we had to just hang out in the room I told him he could swim in the bathtub, he got in and the soap dispenser was broken, no bubbles :( also the heat did not work, I called the front desk about that too, "im sorry about that" is what I got, no plug in the bathroom sink either, also not so clean. I highly recommend staying anywhere else even if it mean spending a little more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went to see Fort Meigs,do some shopping and spend a night.First off i could not get onto yahoo on their computer,even with the desk clerk trying it. One light beside one bed didn't work. No coffee maker in room as advertised. Indoor pool closed. Breakfast,juice machine not working. Had sausage links but no eggs as usual with sausage. Just toast or bagels,no donuts or pastries. . Did have cereal,but about it for kids to eat. The clerk at checkout told me a new owner just took over and was slow on getting things fixed. Oh yes bathroom door hinge was loose so had to cock the door to get it to shut. I gave the clerk a list of things and she thanked me for it ,as she said the more complaints the quicker he might get things done.

Room Tip: Might ask to see room before checking in.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

When making my reservation I asked for a handicap accessible room. When arriving in the room you could barely get a wheelchair between the bed and table.The bathroom was ok except that the only place there was any assistance rails was next to the toilet and none in the tub. Also there was no bench to sit on while taking a shower. Not my idea of a handicap room by any means. I asked the clerk when I checked out if ALL the handicap rooms were the same. Her response was YES. We won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I paid for my room through priceline. I arrived at the hotel, gave them my ID and credit card (as usual, for "incidentals"), was given my room key. (The gal who checked me in was very nice).
That evening, there was a odd older gentleman, shuffling down the middle of the hotel isle. I walked around him with each load I carried to my room. (There's elevator, and no luggage carts at this hotel). The next morning, this same fellow was shuffling-ever so slowly down the middel of the isle-breakfast goers and people leaving the hotel artfully dippen and dodged around him as they attempted to go about their business...I think it's safe to assume this man lives at the hotel with the owners of this Quality Inn.
I get home, check my charge bill (something I HAVE to do after each business trip), and there it is:
I've been charged for my stay that nite, in additon to paying for the room in full on Priceline...... It gets better:
I called Quality Inn immediately. I spoke with an extremely agitated man. (we'll call him Glen) He said he had "no record of Priceline paying for my room" I told him I have the confirmation number from priceline. He said that would "do him no good" and insisted I give him the phone number for priceline. (I didn't have that number handy...) he said if he refunds the charge on my room, the hotel will "be out that money because they never received the payment through priceline" hmmm...after quite some time, Glen said he's refund my room for me.
An hour later....
I Was charged for another nite ??? Glen said it was VISA'S FAULT for running my card as a charge instead of a refund. (Visa assured me-that can't happen, it's theperson with my card number that initiates the type of transaction).
I called Glen again, he said he would call the number I gave him to straighten out the unauthorized charges with Visa. (he never did it-Visa had no record of a call concerning my account from Quality Inn).
I could go on and on about how MANY HOURS I've been dealing with this situation....it looks like Priceline is taking over for me? I should have the credit for the unauthorized additional 2 nites charged on my card back into my account within 10 days.
AS OF THIS MOMENT, I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM QUALITY INN CONCERNING THE FRAUDULENT CHARGES MADE ON MY CARD. As usual, the "Manager" of the Quality Inn, Glenn. Was of no help at all. He even hung up on me.
BEWARE! GUARD YOUR CREDIT CARD AT THIS PROPERTY!

Room Tip: Don't give this hotel your credit card to pay for your room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank elache
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Booked thru expedia as a 2.5 star - what a joke, we are not crazy picky but this place is a dump. Maybe 1.5 star on a clean day. Wanted to force us to take a smoking room "because that's what you get for using expedia or priceline"!! Are you kidding me??? We do it ALL the time and have NEVER had someone remark negatively for using an online booking service. Then they tried to double charge for the room and refused to take it off, had to call credit card company to refund it.

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perrysburg
La Quinta Inn Toledo Perrysburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Toledo South - Perrysburg
Candlewood Suites Perrysburg
Candlewood Suites Perrysburg
#8 of 14 in Perrysburg

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Perrysburg? Share your experiences!