“First visit - will return”

Tea Tree Asian Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bluffton, Ohio
“First visit - will return”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Loved the menu - some reminder of P.F.Changs (including the front entry decor). Had the soft shell crab tempura and summer roll appetizers - both very good with accompanying sauces - summer sauce could have been a little thicker for my taste. Wine list is nice and enjoyed a nice Pinot. For entrees we selected the Thai Basil Chicken - would order again, but spicey (I liked) and might be a bit much for some. The other entree was the Terriyaki
Salmon which was also good, but cooked a little too much when ordered rare to med rare.
Excellent ambiance and price for two under $100 with a bottle of wine including tip. Will return.

• Visited November 2011

Bellevue, Washington
“Good, but not quite authentic”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Having been in China and Japan within the past year, I probably had my hopes high. The food here was tasty and well presented. Just slightly off from what I would have preferred. We spent $125 plus tip for 5 people (no alcohol, only one tea), so somewhat spendy for Asian food of this quality, in my opinion.

Visited October 2011
Toledo, OH, USA
“Poor Service, Overpriced, Average Food”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My wife arranged a dinner here with a group of 11 colleagues. The server was really out of his depth. The sushi was mixed up with some on some plates and some on others. The server also (instead of writing down who ordered what) simply approached the table and loudly asked "Who had the almond boneless chicken?"

The prices were too high as well. We had an appetizer of bacon wrapped scallops..four for $15.00. Way too expensive! There are better sushi places in the Toledo-area that are family run, authentic and with better service.

Therefore, unless you are a business traveler stuck at one of the hotels close by, I would avoid it.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank DryProp
Saginaw, MI
“Would eat here again”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The food was great, the service was a little slow that night even though the restaurant was not all that busy. The only reason I'm giving them 4 stars instead of 5 is because they did not offer a gluten free menu and that is very important to me. I had sashimi and nigeri because I know those are safe for gluten free but it would have been nice to order hot food. When I asked the waitress if she had a gluten free menu she just said no, didn't offer if any of their items could be made gluten free....etc

• Visited September 2011
“Sushi not that good”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My wife and I came here based on the word of mouth reviews. We have heard good thing about the sushi. Needless to say we were very disappointed. Walking in the restaurant we were pleased with the layout and decor. We sat at the sushi bar and started chatting with the sushi chef. He was pleasant and knowledgeable.

Looking at the menu I was disappointed that almost all of the house rolls were actually cooked. My wife likes cooked rolls so she was happy. I ended up ordering individual sushi pieces. My wife ordered a lobster house roll. I ordered the surf clam, smoked salmon, regular salmon, blue fin tuna, and fat tuna. (I think that it was called fat tuna)

My sushi was all very salty tasting as was my wife's roll. The salmon and tuna were also gritty in texture. The only thing that I really liked was the fat tuna. The sushi chef recommended that one and was right.

The prices were high for the quality and amount of sushi. We prefer Domo for sushi. We think they have better quality sushi, and a better selection, for a better price.

We did not have anything other than sushi so we can't comment on the other menu choices other than it looks like they have a wide selection. We may try other items but not the sushi.