“First visit......”
Review of Max & Erma's

Max & Erma's
Ranked #11 of 119 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Cuisines: American
Description: In 1972, Max & Erma created a fun, unique restaurant so friends and family can gather for good times and a great meal, and decorated it with eclectic artifacts and local paraphernalia. Since that day, we've been committed to providing our guests with irresistible heartland classics and friendly service in a relaxed atmosphere the whole neighborhood can enjoy. We've grown over the years, but always remain true to what makes us successful - delivering a great memorable experience so that every guest leaves with a smile. After all, Max & Erma wouldn't have it any other way.
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Looking for something different while in town for a couple days..stopped by ...got the trio ..and wedge salad...both good.....would go back...staff very friendly....

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Ate here with grandchildren while shopping at Levis Commons. Service was good and there was no wait even though it was 6 on a Saturday evening. Food was good. This is a lot better Max and Erma's than the one near our home in Westlake, Ohio. Almost did not eat here because of our experiences in the past at home, but the kids wanted to go here and I'm glad we did. Would definitely stop here again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a pretty good place to grab a meal at a fairly decent price. However, while we found the food to be good on this visit, at the same time it was not exceptional.

The location at the front of Levis Commons makes this restaurant a convenient choice to visit after a movie or shopping. It is also open until midnight making it one of the only choices available in the area after an early evening movie. This was the case for us when we stopped in.

This was not the first Max and Erma's to which I had been. In the past, we had been quite lukewarm toward our previous visits to other locations. This particular restaurant appeared to be relatively new, however, offering nice facilities in which to dine. The exterior was attractive and the interior décor was fairly fresh and comfortable. It was not crowded on the Sunday night we were there. We were seated very quickly and our server took care of us straightaway providing attentive service all evening.

We chose the grilled asparagus appetizer which is a brilliant option on the starter menu amidst multiple unhealthy choices. While that particular menu item is a great idea, I will say, however, that the main menu probably does not offer as many lower-calorie and healthy options as most other chains in the same genre (Applebee's, Chili's, TGIF, etc.). With each option they considered to be "guilt-free", the calorie count was still not attractive or the portion was severely scaled down when I typed it into my on-line program. That suggests they need to work on being more creative with these choices.

I ended up selecting the Spicy Cajun Tilapia which was accompanied by green beans and a few diced fried potatoes. The fish was drizzled with chipotle creme. This was a reasonably good option for me and was fairly tasty. The other entrees chosen in our party were the Hula Bowl Salad (chicken with pineapple soy marinade, mandarin oranges and crunchy noodles atop greens accompanied by a breadstick) and the French Onion Soup with a Cesar Salad. Everyone indicated they liked their entrées relatively well.

The prices at this establishment were not bad. The bill came to just over $40 with two soft drinks and a water. However, if I am going to spend over $40 on a meal out, I would like it to be something thoroughly enjoyable. This was not quite there.

Overall, while I liked this place fairly well and this represented one of my better visits to a Max and Erma's, it was not really that special. I give it credit for a nice facility and good service. But the food, while fine, was not standout.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went for a late dinner. We were not very hungry. We order soup, salad and chicken wings. The chicken tortilla soup was very good, but the salad and the wings were not impressive.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This place has a very nice ambiance.I ordered the BBQ Ribs and they were really really yummy. Very good service. Overall a very nice pub experience.