“Special place”

Rose & Thistle
Ranked #22 of 119 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Rose and Thistle founded by Lee Tebbetts(deceased) in 2001 and now run and owned by Chef Matthew Gustovson, offers elegant fine dining with an emphasis on service that makes everyone feel like a local. The menu which is ever changing, keeps up with the only fresh ingredients, including amazing seafood, hand cut steaks and what the seasons bring through the door. The top shelf bar offers a great place to mingle with locals and visitors alike, great wines, tapped local beers make The Rose and Thistle one of the tastiest and friendliest places in Perrysburg.
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Very romantic with only a few tables and a great bar

Reviewed October 9, 2011

We came in town and found the place online. The meal was delicious. Duck breast was cooked perfectly. Would definetly recommend for fine dining meal.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

The service was good and the atmosphere was quiet and friendly. Traditional white table cloths on the tables and bistro cuisine on the menu. The food was excellent . The sauces ranged from traditional to very creative. The extensive wine list looked impressive, although we did not try any. The "Thistle" fits in well with the upscale feel of downtown Perrysburg. The bar has some nice street views. The exterior looks a bit like an Irish pub.It is just a great restaurant.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

I chose the restaurant on a recent visit to Perrysburg based on TA reviews. I was not disappointed. Charming, small in the old downtown of Perrysburg near the Maumee River. Quiet and intimate atmosphere. I was meeting up with a college friend, but the atmosphere was perfect for couples. My beef wellington entree was outstanding. And while I should have had a nice glass of cabernet with my entree, Rose & Thistle had my favorite beer on draft (Hoegaarden) which I could not resist. While the dinner was a bit pricey, I would return if ever in the area again.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

My friend and I went to this restaurant on St Patrick's Day. There was no one in there , which should have been a clue to us regarding this pathetic place. BTW, we are senior citizens who dine out frequently. The portions were small and very expensive, and done the way the chef wants..not the customer.
We made the HUGE mistake of not liking the food. The waitress was nice and tried to suggest something else, so we had soup. We were eating when the owner walked over to us and asked why we didn't like the food. We told him politely and he then proceeded to tell us to get out of his restaurant!! I know this is hard to believe..we were SHOCKED!! Save your money and time....UNREAL!! WE ARE STILL STUNNED..

6  Thank Litvok

Been to Rose & Thistle? Share your experiences!