“Felt robbed”

Rose & Thistle
Ranked #22 of 119 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Rose and Thistle founded by Lee Tebbetts(deceased) in 2001 and now run and owned by Chef Matthew Gustovson, offers elegant fine dining with an emphasis on service that makes everyone feel like a local. The menu which is ever changing, keeps up with the only fresh ingredients, including amazing seafood, hand cut steaks and what the seasons bring through the door. The top shelf bar offers a great place to mingle with locals and visitors alike, great wines, tapped local beers make The Rose and Thistle one of the tastiest and friendliest places in Perrysburg.
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Food was sub par at best! My wife and I dined there in hopes of a quality meal but once again left another Perrysburg restaurant dissapointed. We ordered the Jumbo sea scallops that were the size of a quarter. Caesar salad, the romain was bitter from being old and starting to turn. The Beef wellington was doughy in the middle and the desserts were so so.

The star of the meal was the bread and the service. Server did a GREAT job.

Spend $200+ and felt robbed.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

We were on way back from NY to Illinois and stopped halfway just off the Ohio Turnpike. We found Rose and Thistle on Tripadvisor and were so glad that we did. It was a very snowy night and the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. My mom had the oysters, followed by caesar salad and the filet. She said it was all delicious. She particularly liked the potatoes dauphinoise. The steak was perfectly prepared.

My meal was also wonderful although I couldn't eat it. I had been ill and my wishes were out of line with my stomach. So, while I was able to really enjoy the mushroom soup I wasn't able to eat it all. The server immediately offered to package it so I could take it home. I had the house salad which had wonderful fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and greens. Sadly, I could not finish it. I ordered the poached salmon, which tasted wonderful with great flavor and nice cream dill sauce, but again I was stymied again and could not finish. The server was very observant and caring and made me feel comfortable despite my problems. I am looking forward to having the salmon and soup tonight.

I would recommend avoiding the pizza places and sports bars that are recommended at the turnpike hotels and go to downtown Perrysburg to check out the Rose and Thistle. I look forward to returning when I am healthy.

Reviewed January 2, 2011

I am very pleased to see this place re-opened in Perrysburg. We need more of this type of restaurant in our lovely city. This place is not very large but the atmosphere is very nice and cozy. There is a very good selection of menu items that can match everybody's taste and budget. The same goes with the wine list that offer a nice and affordable selection of old world and new world wines. Overall a very nice restaurant if you are looking for a fine dinning at a reasonable price. It made our list of restaurant and we will go there quite often now.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

The Rose and Thistle is far more than a restaurant. It is a place where you are welcomed as soon as you enter. Every one seems to know every one because you always come back for more. The food is fabulous, The staff is very attentive and the chefs are Incredible. You need to at least try it once. I promise you will be back!

Reviewed August 27, 2010

My husband and I were returning from a lenghthy trip and we decided to stop in this wonderful restaurant. When we were finished eating, we left the establishment feeling well fed and taken care of. The help was very friendly and cooperative in helping us choose an item on the menu. Thanks not only to them but also the chefs who did a marvelous job on our meal. I can hardly wait to visit them again.

Been to Rose & Thistle? Share your experiences!