“Surprisingly good...”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brooklyn, New York
“Surprisingly good...”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We really enjoyed this place once we accepted the loud Friday night crowd. We could have had a quieter experience in the other room but the atmosphere in the bar was invitingly cheerful and everyone was having a really good time. The food was above our expectations, and the servings were not super-sized or too salty. The guacamole was great. We enjoyed our margaritas. I have to add that this was the first time, ever, in my experience at a Mexican restaurant that chips and salsa were extra. I was glad, however, as I had a good appetite for my tostada and didn't mind skipping all those calories.

Visited November 2012

Perrysburg, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little Gem in Perrysburg”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have been going to casa Barron since I was a small child. It is my favorite restaurant. I love their margaritas and their fajitas. Obviously they are doing something right since they've been around for so long. Whoever wrote about the thuggish bartender is judging a book before..... Matt is a full time surgical tech who volunteers in Honduras to help with surgeries to people who would never get them otherwise..Shame on you! He's a great guy. I want to thank the Barron family for the years of food, drink. and fun.

• Visited November 2012
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Be Careful”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

If you sit at the bar beware of the big thuggish looking bartender. He tried to rip me off twice, and I even saw him pocketing tips that weren't his. The food sucks too!

Visited August 2012
5 Thank Not-Again123
Laguna Woods, California
“Pathetic in Perrysburg”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Twelve hours on the road and hungry we were directed to “try our downtown restaurants” by our hotel. Casa Barron was one of their recommendations. We were seated quickly once we found the hostess (hidden at the back of the restaurant for some reason) and then completely abandoned. No server, no offer of drinks, no anything for twenty minutes although several servers walked by all completely ignoring us. We finally grabbed one (literally) who agreed to take our order for a margarita and a draft beer. Fifteen long minutes later they arrived and we ordered food. Thirty long minutes later (are you keeping track? We are now at sixty five minutes) the food arrived – fajitas, not something I would consider difficult to produce. The food made it all the way to OK, nothing more. The salsa must have come from New York City in a jar despite costing $.75 for the chips and salsa EVERYONE else gives you for free. I don’t write a lot of negative reviews but if you find yourself in Perrysburg – you have been warned. Bad service, marginal food, long waits in a poorly managed restaurant

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank StephenDChicago
“Good food in a nice little town.”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I do like Mexican food, but there is only so much you can do with rice and beans; which is to say I haven't been to a Mexican food place that completely blows my socks off. The food here is good, better than at most chain Mexican food places, and the atmosphere is nice being in downtown Perrysburg. If I feel like Mexican, I would prefer to go here rather than Don Pablo's, and its cheaper than Abuelos and just as good.

1 Thank VinceR1964