“Too busy”

Social Gastropub
Ranked #8 of 119 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are what Perrysburg has been lacking. A superb place for friends, family, and business associates to gather and socialize! We have designed our menus with local and seasonal ingredients and plan on changing them bimonthly.
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Visited last night with my husband. Did not make a reservation and ha to wait 30 minutes for a table. I guess this is a good thing for them but I recommend a reservation if you are looking to dine there. Was looking for an item I last Tim and it was gone. I was informed that they change their menu every two months, this seems to be a bold undertaking. We had the cauliflower appetizer on the recommendation of the server. IT WAS SOOOO GOOD!! Want to try and make this at home. My husband had the grilled pork and I had the fish tacos. Everything was over the top good. I visited their other restaurant last week and I have to say that these two places do not disappoint with their food. Imaginative and down right fantastic and that says a lot for the Toledo market. Only constructive would be that it was a little loud with the mass amount of people in there. A must try!!!

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Went on a weekend night and it was packed. Had a short wait to be seated with a reservation. We were first offered seats at a communal table. The space across the table was so wide we figured we couldn't have a normal conversation with our friends, so we asked for a separate table. At a table for four, the noise level was so loud we practically had to shout at one another, terrible acoustics. Everyone was happy with their food, service was good and prices comparable to similar establishments.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Went on a whim with my wife and daughter without making a reservation on a Saturday evening. We were not sure if this place was "kid friendly" or more of a "bar/restaurant". We waited not more than 15 minutes before we had a table. They do not have a kids menu but my wife split a pulled pork sandwich with my daughter and they both loved it. I had the Short Rib Stroganoff and it was very good if not excellent. We did wait a little longer than normal for our food but it was to be expected. Our waitress was attentive and well versed on drink, menu and dessert choices. We will definitely be coming back again.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Recently had the chance to dine at Social in Perrysburg, ohio and found it to be a nice change of pace. The food was good and lots of it, had enough for lunch the next day. Great atmosphere, and drinks were good. The service is very attentive and liked that it was a place you could go and just have a drink and hang out.
One thing that I would have like different is a larger menu or a larger choice of appetizers. We wanted to just get appetizers and drinks but ended up with a meal because of the choices of appetizers. Would recommend this for a try of a new place to relax and enjoy good food.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Finally made it to social after driving past it every day on my way to and from work. We were able to get a table right away but took the nearly full restaurant as a good sign. Ordered the cheese bread as an appetizer -- were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I ordered a small salad & my husband ordered the fish tacos, & decided to split a plate of Mac & cheese add pesto after hearing rave reviews. The Mac & cheese didn't disappoint! Even the leftovers were good. My husband was also very happy with his fish tacos. However, I had asked that my salad come with the dressing on the side... it came on it... And the lettuce was literally doused. The food runner said our server would be over to check on us so I waited to say anything... But we didn't see her til hubs was done with his meal. It's my own fault for not originally sending it back with the runner, but a warning to anyone else: unless you like soggy salads, stay away from the dressing!

The prices were a bit higher than expected (I think the Mac & cheese was $12 and we only added one item to it) but not too high to prevent us from coming back. I'll just avoid the salad next time :)