“Yummy but too much salad dressing + slightly overpriced”
Review of Social Gastropub

Social Gastropub
Ranked #8 of 118 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are what Perrysburg has been lacking. A superb place for friends, family, and business associates to gather and socialize! We have designed our menus with local and seasonal ingredients and plan on changing them bimonthly.
Toledo, Ohio
“Yummy but too much salad dressing + slightly overpriced”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Finally made it to social after driving past it every day on my way to and from work. We were able to get a table right away but took the nearly full restaurant as a good sign. Ordered the cheese bread as an appetizer -- were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I ordered a small salad & my husband ordered the fish tacos, & decided to split a plate of Mac & cheese add pesto after hearing rave reviews. The Mac & cheese didn't disappoint! Even the leftovers were good. My husband was also very happy with his fish tacos. However, I had asked that my salad come with the dressing on the side... it came on it... And the lettuce was literally doused. The food runner said our server would be over to check on us so I waited to say anything... But we didn't see her til hubs was done with his meal. It's my own fault for not originally sending it back with the runner, but a warning to anyone else: unless you like soggy salads, stay away from the dressing!

The prices were a bit higher than expected (I think the Mac & cheese was $12 and we only added one item to it) but not too high to prevent us from coming back. I'll just avoid the salad next time :)

Perrysburg, Ohio
“Happy Hour NOT so happy if you're NOT sitting at the BAR”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We visited early on a Fri. to take advantage of happy hour prices during 3-6pm. After being seated at a table we were told happy hour is ONLY for those seated at THE BAR. The bar is in the same space as the tables . I've never heard of that. They did not mention that in their coupon. My husband and I split a pear salad which was very good. He got the meatloaf and I got macaroni and cheese with wine and beer the bill came to $60.00. The waitress forgot to bring my husbands soup. They are described as comfort food with gourmet touch. The setting is industrial with concrete flooring. May try it one more time. But for the money there are many better than this in Perrysburg.

2 Thank keoweegirl
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Social's Salmon Dinner”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is one of the best salmon dinners I have ever had; and I have spent plenty of time in the Pacific Northwest eating salmon. Perfectly grilled, resting on a corn casserole bed; accompanied by garlic mashed spuds. Goes great with a dark microbrew!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank PburgEngineer
Findlay, Ohio
“You Get What You Pay For”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I thought the prices were a little high, truth be told. I mean, I realize they're going for the "hip and trendy gastropub" rage that folks with more money than sense are nuts about, but damn...8 bucks for garlic bread?

That being said, I can't deny that the food I had was great. The French Dip was fantastic, and their coleslaw was the best I've ever had. The missus got a burger she was mostly impressed with, but not really blown away, considering the price.

I'd love to give social dot a gastropub all lowercase another try; I'm just disappointing thinking I actually have to save up enough to, first.

• Visited September 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Surprise”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Went in for the second time and I have to say this is the most unique place around. Food and the drinks are the best prices for the quality anywhere in town. Try the jack & coke, it was served with the whiskey in the glass and a little bottle of old time coke.

• Visited October 2013