“Good food, nice atmosphere, service is improving”
Review of TeKeLa

TeKeLa
Ranked #13 of 116 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Toledo, Ohio
“Good food, nice atmosphere, service is improving”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I went here with coworkers when it first opened and was not at all impressed. We have since been back a few times, and the service is much improved. The food has also grown on me. The salsa has a fresh flavor, and the food seems to be prepared to order. It does take longer than some mexican restaurants, but I think that is because they are actually making the food as you order it. I really like their chicken enchilada with white cheese sauce and even their regular ground beef tacos are good. They do a good job of handling larger crowds at lunch time. I really like the darker, more formal decorations and lighting inside as well.

• Visited August 2014

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Just South of Toledo, A Nice Mexican Restaurant in Perrysburg”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We've driven past this location many times driving between Toledo and Bowling Green. Our favorite Mexican restaurant, Abuelos, closed in Toledo a year ago. Te'kela may well be a great substitute for our favorite when we are in Toledo area. My wife and I both had the fish tacos. Very nicely grilled. The lime rice was excellent. The chips and salsa was delicious. Restaurant often has a wait. We were seated immediately for a late lunch. Waitress was very good. Attentive and efficient. Lots to choose from. We will be back.

perrysburg
“Much improved service!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Been here many times. Mainly bar area service issues in past. This week it was great! Double-teaming of bartender and waitress awesome. Great half off margs (platinums) and apps-dip sampler and chicken Tinga.

sheffield Ohio
“disappointing”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We heard that this place was great and finally got around to checking it out. We were seated right away, the server was very nice and took our drink and appetizer order right away. I ordered a house margarita in peach. It was watered down. And did not have much of a peach flavor which was disappointing. The chips were average, we got the chorizo queso dip. There was hardly any meat in it and the cheese was very bland like some sort of American cheese. I ordered beef chimichangas and my husband ordered the fajitas.Both came out hot and fresh but there was some sort of nasty spice in both our dishes that we did not care for. It tainted the entrees! I was looking forward to some guacamole and their version was really sweet! I don't want sugar in my guacamole! Probably will not return. The prices were a bit high for Mexican food.

Warner Robins, Georgia
“Holy Guacamole!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Worth the wait here. They make fresh guacamole for each order but suggest getting it during happy hour. I had the Chile rellenos dinner and they were fantastic. Couldn't try the margaritas since I was driving, but plan on going back!!