“More Latin then Mexican”
Review of TeKeLa

TeKeLa
Ranked #15 of 118 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I was very happy with my overall experience. The margarita was good. The food was the Latin version and I was very satisfied with it. The h2o was great lol. The server (Lindsay) was excellent. She checked on us to make sure every thing was good. The pricing was very good. I know they are a newer cantina and I hope they continue with the excellent service. I will be back and if you are in the area you need to give them a try.

There are newer reviews for TeKeLa

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had to find a nice mexican restaurant that does not service food that has sitting in a steam table.
All food cooked fresh! Went for lunch and had a very nice salad, fresh avocado, well seasoned chicken. I am told the marg's are great, but didn't have one as I was the designated driver. Definitely will go back for an evening dinner.

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a few times and the food has been pretty good! I also enjoy their happy hour which is until 6 everyday and is half off drinks! The patron mojito is delicious!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This new Perrysburg restaurant (spelled Te'kela's) is slightly upscale from the other Mexican restaurants in Perrysburg. It is located where the old Maggie's restaurant used to be. It has a bar to the left of the hostess area with 4 or 5 large high top tables with chairs and a nice bar that would seat 10 or so. It has a large front dining room and one in the rear. The rear room seems to seat the larger parties. Don't think this place would be good for a nice romantic dinner, as it is very noisy and loud. My grand kids, 5 & 8, thought it was way too loud for them at 8 on a Thursday. The waitstaff have all been very attentive in the four times that we have visited there in the last two months. They do not take reservations, so wait times after 7 pm or so can be very long on the weekends. The food is very good, and usually not a long wait time for the food to come out. The guacamole is probably the best I have ever had out. I have had the Califresco Burrito and the Chicken quesidilla. Some of the items ordered by others in our party was a steak/nacho burrito, chimichanga and mexican burger. All said their food was very good. Nice choices for vegetarians.
Last night our party of 6 was seated in the back room. We were eating and having a nice dinner, when all of a sudden the large plastic ceiling tile that covers the fluorescent lights fell from the ceiling, barely missing a child and brushed the back of a man in our party as it fell to the floor. Our waiter came over and picked up the shattered pieces and took it away. I know that things happen, but never did someone from the restaurant, not even the waiter, ask anyone at our table if we were OK. I expected, at the least, that the manager would come to our table to check it out. We finished up shortly after, paid our bill and left. Not sure if we are going back...

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Not your typical Mexican restaurant with bright colors. This restaurant is decorated in neutral colors. Decent sized bar with stools and tables and several TV's. in fact big screen TV's throughout. The menu is very simple and easy to navigate with simple flavors and combinations. Still very authentic Mexican food. The salsa and guacamole are fresh and flavorful. The portions are ENORMOUS and the prices are quite reasonable. Great tasting food and margaritas are above average. Always busy...hope that means it will stick around!