“As good as it gets”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
West Unity, Ohio
“As good as it gets”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

After your eyes adjust to the low lighting, you are immersed in sensuality. From the lit candles, to the aromatherapy scents for the hot tub, this property is top quality. It's clean, modern, and the staff is very accommodating.
As with previous posters, we had difficulty with the tv, but called the front desk and worked it out.
The property is located about 1 mile from an outdoor mall with a couple of nice restaurants. So if, for some reason, you feel like leaving the paradise that is your room, you won't have far to go to find what you need - shops, restaurants, nail salon, even a theater.
It is the perfect couple's getaway. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: The Presidential Pool Suite was amazing, if you can afford it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
ohio
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Beautiful and clean room! Quiet and peaceful! Everyone was very helpful and willing to serve us!
Awesome stay! Where is located is not an issue! We celebrated my husbands birthday and can not wait to celebrate mine!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were greeted as soon as we entered the lobby by Heather and Melissa, the whole checking in proceed was so quick, and my wife and I began our time in our Luxurious two story suite. It was the best two nights ever. Everything was perfect! We will be returning, as soon as we can. Thank you Heather and Melissa for everything and your support, the MRI was still clear! Still Cancer Free!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The new two story loft was just like my own place, loved it!
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our first wedding anniversary in a Presidential Pool Suite at Belamere Suites. Do not let the industrial park feel of the neighborhood fool you - this is a luxury hotel with very nice landscaping (I was pleasantly surprised when we pulled in - some of the TripAdvisor reviews made it sound like it looked like a truck stop from the outside), cheerful staff, and privacy, privacy, privacy! It far surpassed our hopes of what it would be like! The pool was absolutely amazing - so wonderfully warm and relaxing, and very clean. The room was spotless, with a wonderful, king-sized bed (if you're short like me, bring a step-stool! It's HIGH!) ;-) , incredible two-person shower, jacuzzi tub and fireplace. We were especially excited to find that there was no smell of chlorine in the main room, and it was cooled perfectly - no hot air from the pool area! How'd they do that?? The customer service was better than I've had in any hotel anywhere - they really want you to enjoy your stay! The only thing we regretted about our weekend was that we went out to eat - and missed enjoying our suite for an additional few hours. We also didn't get to use our fireplace much, since we were enjoying the cool room after the summer heat - so before we left, we booked a room for Valentine's Day next year. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Presidential Pool suites are the way to go!

2 Thank Jodi H
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our honeymoon at Belamere Suites. It was everything we could have hoped for and more! The rooms are beautiful, it is very peaceful, the staff is truly what makes it a great experience. Everyone was so very sweet and helpful and they truly desire to make your stay impeccable! We will most definitely return! We highly recommend Belamere Suites and cannot wait to return soon!
-Mr. And Mrs. Terry

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Mfisher20
Rome, Italy
Reviewed August 11, 2013

...said my partner as we walked into the royal suite. As far as a romantic excursion in the Toledo area is concerned, you really cannot do better than this. Two of the 3 suite types have heated pools (to 92 degrees!) all have an extra large, 2 person Jacuzzi, a king sized bed and fireplace.

The royal suite had a sound system with an ipod dock and attachment to plug in a computer or laptop through a headphone jack to play music in the pool area. It would have been nice for the music to also be in the upstairs loft with the jacuzzi and bed - I suggested this to management on checkout and they said they'd consider adding it in. Hopefully the next time we go back that will be available as well!

Service was top notch, and the friendly staff was extremely quick in getting us what we needed and forgot from home. The towels, bath robes, and bedding were all excellent and my love and I were able to enjoy an incredible evening lounging in the pool and laying in bed in front of the gorgeous gas fireplace.

The only thing I wish had been improved was the option to place rose petals on the bed in the shape of a heart. When I purchased that extra for $20 I expected actual rose petals. Instead, they were plastic. While not a serious issue...considering the incredible luxury in the rest of the suite, from the tile and stone work to the fantastic bed and cloths, the plastic petals seemed a bit out of place. I would have been more content with plastic being less expensive, or using real rose, but it is not enough to lower the rating I am giving them to a 4.

1 Thank Chris K
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As surprises go, this was one of the best! SURPRISED and HAPPY! My husband told me we were going on a date but he never said where. As we drove from Michigan to Ohio I was thinking we were going to an amusement park but he made an odd turn and there was Belamere Suites. I looked at him in wonder and then he pulled into the garage, got out and opened the door to the MOST beautiful BIG room with this HUGE bed! It was spectacular!!! The EVERYTHING about it was fantastic! I can't express the SURPRISE and overall SATISFACTION with this romantic paradise! PERFECT!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple