“Simply Magical”
Review of Belamere Suites

Belamere Suites
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Perrysburg
Reviewed April 2, 2008

There are not enough words to describe our stay at Belamere. The room is beautifully decorated and very cozy. The jacuzzi is wonderfully large and the shower is all marble with dual shower heads and a marble ledge to sit and just soak the stress away. The bed is over sized and super comfortable. We stayed in the presidential suite which has an additional room with sliding glass doors and has a large pool thats warm and very inviting. We spent almost as much time in the pool as we did the actual room. The rooms have vaulted ceilings giving you the impression of much more space. We never left our suite during our week stay other than to eat dinner. The staff is superb by far!! We are coming back for another week in July and yet another in November. My husband describes our stay there as magical!! If your looking for intimacy, privacy, complete peace and quiet, this is the ultimate place to go. There are no windows which worried me at first but I didnt even notice it. You truly dont miss them at all. There is also a three sided fireplace which is wonderful but heats up the room pretty fast. You also have your own private attached garage which is great. I cant say enough about this place other than they need to expand and make it available to more areas. They are truly unique. Thank you Belamere for a wonderful and unforgettable week of bliss!!
See you soon :O)
D & G
Cleveland OH

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (2,094)

Reviewed March 28, 2008

My husband and I just got back from this hotel. We had a great time- be sure to get the presidential suite with your own pool in your room. That was the best part!! Nice warm and heated..... The two head shower was also fun, I took two showers!! The hot tub was nice as well. The room has a fireplace in front of the bed- IT GETS VERY HOT!!!!!... the bed was very comfy I wish I could have taken the bed with me. The front desk came out to our suite to open our bottle of wine I bought from down the street, they are very nice and professional and will help you with anything you need.

I could have stayed in the pool all night!!!! We are planning on going again in June for our 1 year wedding anniversary.. We are already talking about how we will afford it since we had a great time.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2007

My wife & I loved our stay! We never left the room. Had a wonderful meal from room service. prim rib was great! We went for a dip in our pool half way through dinner, cant do that in a crowed restaurant. The staff was very friendly. when you need ANYTHING from bubble bath for the jacuzzi to the hot muffins and coffee for breakfast, just dial 0 and they come right away! In 21 years of marriage we have never been so relaxed after a getaway! WE WILL GO BACK!

J & E Lewis

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jlsr1
Reviewed July 1, 2007

My husband and I stayed here a few days ago and loved it. It was pouring rain and pulling into the garage was wonderful. There are no windows, but the space is so large, you didn't feel closed in. Hubby went in the two-headed shower three times! The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. Breakfast was simple, enough to tide you over until lunch, but you can get a jug of coffee anytime. The staff were very friendly. The price can't be beat if you are staying near Toledo, even if you have to drive a bit.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2006

Overall, the experience was very good. My wife and I loved the walk-in shower for two, the large jacuzzi, and the fireplace (but be careful - the glass gets very hot). The adult movies were also appreciated. There are only two downsides - 1) lack of any windows - even a skylight would have been nice; and 2) there is no sink in the bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2006

First, let me say that this place is absolutely beautiful! My husband and I were looking for somewhere to go for our 4th wedding anniversary. We couldn't afford airfare so the location had to be within a reasonable driving distance from Cincinnati. We both were desperately looking for a long weekend where we could do absolutely nothing more strenuous than lifting a book! So, of course, I turned to this site and came across reviews for Belamere Suites. For two nights, we stayed in a room with a hot tub, king-sized bed, refrigerator, 2-person shower, electric fireplace, and our own garage. It's completely located in a place you'd never imagine. Follow the directions on their website, otherwise you might never find it because it's located behind what looked like trucking companies. Don't worry though, you'll never know it when you're in your room.

When you check in, you get a key attached to a garage door opener. Having our own attached garage was absolutely wonderful especially because it was very chilly when we stayed there. I ordered the anniversary package, so roses were on the bed in the shape of a heart and candles lit the room. Each morning, we were treated to a continental breakfast (danish, muffins, coffee, juice) that was delivered to our room when we called. "Sleeping in" for me and my husband usually means getting up by 7:30, but the bed at the Belamere was so comfortable we never got up earlier than 9:30. I can't even tell you how many times we used the hot tub and shower - both were so comfortable and clean that it was like a dream come true.

Speaking of clean - for those people who are like me (I've been told that I'm a bit of a clean freak, in fact, my husband calls me Monk from the tv show) this place was clean. I even looked for dirt, cobwebs, etc. I could not find one thing to freak out about!

We left the room just a couple of times - once for dinner in the very new shopping plaza across the street and once to get some food supplies at the grocery store about 2 miles up the road. There are no windows in the room, but if you're there for romance & relaxation you'll never miss a window.

I do agree with the business traveler who would not recommend Belamere for a business stay. It's just not set up for that, so if you are on a business trip and plan to stay here, be warned, you will wind up missing your significant other because this truly is a place set up for romance. We definitely will go back, and we tell everyone how wonderful our stay was!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovealongweekend
Reviewed July 16, 2005

Great concept but missing on a few points:

1st- there are no windows in your room. Idid like not being able to look outside.

2nd- They are suppose to have high speed internet available but it was out for 2 days and was still unavailable when I checked out. Additionally, there are no other places to go in the area for high speed so I was stuck with dial up. Not good.

3rd- there is not a true work station area to get some work done so you have to improvise.

Now for the good points:
1- excellent garage concept. It was raining and I did not have to deal with the rain at all due to having a garage.
2- Television was nice and on a swivel
3- Jacuzzi tub is very nice with bathrobes to use also.

Overall, if you are looking for somewhere to get away and relax this is the place for you. If you are in town for business forget it. Go to one of the other hotels that cater the business traveler.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
11  Thank wingstem
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perrysburg
1 mi away
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 14 in Perrysburg
La Quinta Inn Toledo Perrysburg

Been to Belamere Suites? Share your experiences!