“Amazing Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Woodhaven, Michigan
“Amazing Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed here this passed weekend for our Anniversary. We had a fantastic stay. Everything was just perfect! Definitely can't wait to go back. Short trip from home to a romantic upscale getaway. Customer Service was excellent!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank L B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Lorain, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

1) You want a scenic get away? go to the shore, or Maine in the fall or the Rookies in the winter. I wanted to see nothing but my beautiful wife. No windows meant no one could see me in all my glory.We could be anywhere in the world we wanted, an industrial parkway or Paris. Time was lost, it could be 11am or 11pm, we didn't care. All that mattered was we were together in a BEAUTIFUL hotel room with NO kids crawling on us!

2)If you need entertainment after just 6months of marriage, I'm willing to bet things aren't going to turn out well for you. Nothing to do? How about each other? We never turned the tv or radio on. We sat and talked, enjoyed each other and the quiet. If you want entertainment, try Vegas.

3)Pack a cooler, champagne, wine, CORKSCREW!, cheese, crackers, strawberries, whip cream small sandwich, plates, and silverware . Take responsibility for your own happiness! prepare so you don't ever have to leave your room if you don't want.

4)Buy your own packages, Champagne of your choice, flower petals and candles at your local craft store. Bubble bath, lotions ect. It's A LOT Cheaper and you get exactly what you want!

5) We are no germaphobes, but still try to avoid hotels at all costs. That being said, it was clean and we never had the creepy, ichy feeling we get at most hotels.

6) The tub is HUGE, of course it is going to take a LONG time to fill, plan accordingly.

We stayed in the Royal Suite, it was VERY nice. I think next time we will try the Presidential. Save a few bucks and it's all on one floor.We toured the Presidential before we left and found we could be VERY happy there also. Staff was amazingly helpful Very friendly!
Overall, it was a great getaway. We were able to Relax,recharge, and enjoy one another for a day before went back to the daily grind.
Take the time to prepare and your trip will be worth every penny!

4 Thank ben w
Galion, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I took my wife here for her birthday and romantic getaway. We stayed in one of the presidential pool suites. It was very clean and we had an excellent time. The service was great and we would come back again for a weekend away. If I could ask the owners to do one thing or two – the room needed a microwave and they could beef up the breakfast just a tad. Overall – we loved it.

Room Tip: I took my wife here for her birthday and romantic getaway. We stayed in one of the presidential p...
2 Thank stationwagonman
Portage, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Today is my husband’s 40th birthday. To surprise him I made reservations for a night in Belamere's Royal Suite. We used to stay at Belamere 4-5 times per year when we stayed on the eastern side of Michigan, but have not stayed there since we moved to Portage MI over a 3.5 hour drive (one way).

When I originally called to book a room, your hotel was full, so I asked to get added to the waiting list. I was happy when I received a call from the hotel approx 3 wks ago stating that the room was available. I booked the room and provided my credit card for the charges.

Now we reach today. This morning my husband and I opened gifts and I think I was just as excited as he was when he found out we were going to Belamere. I took care of all of the arrangements. I found an overnight sitter for the kids, bought wine, bath salts, and other hot tub supplies. I even went as far as calling the Giant Eagle in Perrysburg and getting a mini birthday cake made with my husband’s name on it.

So it was absolutely horrible when we arrived at Belamere and there was no record of my reservation. NONE. This is not even the worst part. The clerk then offered to call a local Comfort Inn (also known as Bed Bug Inn) to see if any rooms were available. No thank you! I still have not gotten to the worst part. The clerk then offers us a 20% off coupon for our next stay at your hotel. Yup so the next time we drive 3.5 hrs our room can be discounted 20%! Wow – WHAT A JOKE! A joke on me that is.

This place is just not worth the risk. Oh - I still have not been reimbursed!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Just because you have a reservation and your credit card has been charged. Does not mean they will...
22 Thank A_Mitche_K
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

The hotel room had some nice amenities (large whirlpool bath, large shower, fireplace, and pool (presidential suite) . The staff was friendly and helpful. But overall I think it is missing the semblance of the more upscale hotels and resorts. The outside is very unappealing (looks like a storage facility w/ siding. There are no windows or much of a view if there were some. The TV remote is difficult to use (but they do offer free HBO and playboy on a large flatscreen). The surrounding area has offers nice restaurants and shopping plazas and state parks. I would not personally go there again for a romantic getaway. The place does have some promise if they up the luxury items a bit.

Room Tip: I would recommend a pool suite
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I was a romantic getaway for my spouse and I everything was to our liking but by being a storm at the time we came there was no Service for our cable but overall that our stay was the best that I have hoped for. This was in the presidential pool suite and everything was perfect from start to finish that includes the temperature of the pool and the Jacuzzi that has working jets .
( Note: read the note on the wall.)
I love the idea of it being a private getaway. ( no windows ) no sounds from outside not even the pool area. On that I would say I will return for a second trip.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank spacing
Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

What a treasure we found hidden away in Perrysburg! Every possible need and luxury were taken care of.......perfect getaway to relax and enjoy one another - massive double shower, jacuzzi, large swivel tv, fireplace - fantastic breakfast -everything first class. If you need to "get away" the Belamere is the perfect answer! Can't wait to go back..........

sheryl121

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sheryl121
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perrysburg
Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg
Candlewood Suites Perrysburg
Candlewood Suites Perrysburg
#6 of 13 in Perrysburg
4.0 of 5 stars 66 reviews

Been to Belamere Suites? Share your experiences!