“Great food and beer selection”
Review of Swig

Swig
Ranked #5 of 117 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Swig Restaurant in Perrysburg, Ohio offers hand-made & in-house charcuterie that illustrates the care and effort that goes into every one of our eats. Offering rotating beers on tap and live music on the outdoor patio. All of our food is hand crafted. Meaning We grind, season, stuff, smoke, and just do it up. From classics like the Coney and Chicago Dog, to unique items like the Gyro Sausage and Frankenstein Wings - Swig makes sure to appeal to a wide variety of tastes, from those looking for comfort food, or true gastropub fare.
Toledo, Ohio
“Great food and beer selection”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We've eaten at Swig a number of times now, and it never disappoints. The food is fresh and definitely a nice change from the usual around town. So many great items on the menu, the scotch egg, chorizo y queso, or ANY of the sausages and franks. One recommendation we learned also, order your sausage with chorizo y queso on it :)

dune acres indiana
“Well worth leaving the Turnpike”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We regularly travel the Ohio Turnpike and plan our lunch stop in Perrysburg. Swig is across the street from our other favorite, Perrysburger and features home-made, made-on-premises sausages and cured meats along with a large and varied selection of craft beers on draft.

I ordered the "Smoked, Cured and Curious" plate which included their sweet sopressata, spicy capicolla, cured duck breast, smoked chicken and mortadella. All exceeded my expectations by miles. The sopressata was firm and flavorful, but not too oily. The seasoning was in the background so you could appreciate the taste of the cured meats. The capicolla was spicier, but not overpowering. The mortadella, one of my absolute favorites, was served in chunks rather than thinly sliced as the other cured meats were. A nice way to really appreciate the soft, fatty, mildly flavored meat. The chicken was a bit dry and disappointing, but the duck breast was outstanding.
The dipping sauces were excellent

My wife ordered the home-made kielbasa and, although it looked more like a bratwurst in color, she loved it. My one bite was delicious. We split an order of sweet potato fries and have to admit they may surpass those of their rival across the street.

I chose an Old Rasputin Imperial Stout to accompany this feast, while my wife had a Stella. The stout was every bit as dark and rich as Guinness. I'll look for it at my local establishment.

The menu is at Swig challenging for a cured meat freak like me, so return visits are on the menu for us. We highly recommend Swig. It's absolutely worth a special trip if you're anywhere in the vicinity.

NY, NY
“A Destination on my trip to and from Madison WI”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was facing a long drive to and from Madison--hey, I had to take my pooch too. I decided I needed one food and drink destination along the way to look forward to, and Swig was it. And they hit it out of the park. Located on a nice, easy to get to street in Perrysburg, Swig is a sausage and charcuterie and craft beer oasis. The outdoor seating also allowed my precious pooch the chance to cozy up next to me (on the other side of the fence) and share some of the goodies. Their housemade charcuterie and sausages did not disappoint my high expectations, and selection of craft ales was grand. If I lived in the area, Swig would be a once or twice a week place for me. I will definitely go back when I pass through the area in the future.

• Visited August 2012
“If you want some great craft beer, look no further”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This place is amazing for the quality craft beer selection. I love that when one keg empties a different one will fill it's place. The beer selection is always changing and the amount of beers on tap is amazing.....The bottle selection is great too ;)

I have not had any food here yet, but plan to have some next time I visit.

• Visited June 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Place to Unwind”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was a referral from a local Hampton Inn. Great suggestion. Not real big on wings, but they're ok once in a while. Wings were a menu item, but so were gourmet hot dogs, burgers, and chicken chunks. Now your talking. Several choices of sauces to go with them. We're a mild kinda couple, but they had stuff that were extremely hot if you like that. One known as "Melt Your Face". Great selection of beers on draught and bottled. Great location for singles, couples, or family. I'd definitely eat here again.

• Visited July 2012