“Clean room”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Hortonville, Wisconsin, United States
“Clean room”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at the La Quinta on Dec. 27, 2013. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the appearance of this hotel was great and the room was clean and relaxing. Conveniently located to get around the area. The carpeting in the room was a bit outdated and could be replaced but it was clean. Nice to see a hotel that welcomes pets, although we did not have one with us, there were several dogs and it was extremely quiet. Breakfast was the usual fare, but sufficed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed for one night in November 2013 while travelling on I-80. We arrived late and greeted by a very friendly staff member. Actually every staff member was polite and smiling. The room was very clean and we were surprised to see many pets in the next morning. It looked like the hotel is pet friendly, but we wouldn't have known judging from the cleanness of our room. For the room itself, the bed mattress was a bit on the soft side and the A/C made our room very dry. So make sure you have a bootle of water before you go to bed. Breakfast was OK, the type you get at Comfort Inn and the similar. If you arrive late then Cocina De Carlos in the nearby shopping area will give you a very good experience of mexican food.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Waterdown
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at this La Quinta on Nov 24. The hotel was very clean and I was greeted by a pleasant young lady at the from desk. She also helped us find a suitable restaurant for dinner. Her recommendation was excellent. The following morning we had the same person for our check-out. Again a very pleasant experience. The hotel was excellent value. The rear of the hotel is next to the Interstate and the noise was evident although not to the point were we couldn't sleep.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the front side of the hotel. On the rear side you have to deal with the Interst...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

On the plus side, the reception staff were excellent, which was good, because they didn't have my room ready for me due to late departure of a coach party. I had booked a non-smoking room (a novel experience for this recently quit traveller) and they offered me a smoking room, which I didn't want. Then a disabled room, but that was getting complicated, with roll-in shower and so on, so I elected to wait the 15-20 minutes it took to get my room ready. This let me get connected to the wifi, which worked well, and take some complimentary coffee.
The lobby and breakfast area was old fashioned and dimly lit, gloomy even, and someone stuck a ready meal in the microwave while I was waiting, and this stunk the place out with an overpowering onion smell, which I could still smell outside my room at night time. Not good. The room was clean, but on the old fashioned side, and as it faced the freeway, it was pretty noisy, with trucks passing all night. Bed comfortable enough and everything was clean. There didn't seem to be any restaurants nearby, but I picked up some Pizza at the gas station across the car park.
Breakfast was OK, but only OK.
I've been in the US for 10 days, and stayed at Best Western, Comfort Inn, Hampton, Quality Inn, etc. and the La Quinta was among the bottom two for quality, and the same price more or less as most of the others.
The main plus was the friendly and pleasant staff, but I think I'll try somewhere else next time. Sorry.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the car park, as the rear faces the freeway, and it's NOISY
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bancquo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perrysburg
Comfort Suites
Candlewood Suites Perrysburg
#7 of 13 in Perrysburg
Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Toledo South - Perrysburg

Been to La Quinta Inn Toledo Perrysburg? Share your experiences!