“NOT THE CLEANEST”

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
NEW YORK
“NOT THE CLEANEST”
Reviewed September 3, 2007

My girlfriend and I were tired from driving, and didn't care were we stayed. Well atleast we thought that until we stayed here. The carpets were dirty, there was no shampoo in the bathroom. And finally we found an empty wine bottle under the bed!

• Liked — CLOSE TO INTERSTATE
  • Disliked — DIRTY
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank NYPAUL
Rakesh P, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also received training in making sure that the rooms are properly stocked with shampoo etc.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Econo Lodge. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Arkansas
Reviewed August 4, 2007

This was the worst experience in my life. Filthy, dangerous and plenty of bugs. Don't ever stay at this flop house. It stinks like cigarette smoke and it is not safe. NEVER AGAIN. No air conditioning except in the lobby.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bugs and instructed to see to their elimination.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 15, 2006

I will NEVER even consider staying in this place again. I took a group of adults with mild special needs to stay one night at this hotel. Rooms weren't cleaned, their was a half drunk 6 pack of beer in one of the rooms (that an individual with Special Needs was staying in!), the toilets weren't flushed and the contents had been their for a few days, some were blocked. The rooms were damp. The pool (which we were looking forward to using) was cold (not just slightly cold, I mean it had not been heated), the metal steps down in to the pool were twisted and broken and left like that. Their were pool chemicals left out in the hallway! Please reconsider staying their, this place is dangerous and when I called Days Inn they didn't seem concerned. I would never recommend this place to anyone, it would have been unsafe for my group to have stayed there. Fortunately the Holiday Inn in the French quater were amazing and helped us out so we left within one hour of arriving. The holiday inn in the french quater is a GORGEOUS hotel with amazing facilities.

When I went out that evening to a restaurant some of the restaurant staff had some very interesting stories to tell about the hotel but I will not go in to detail as I did not experience this first hand.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear JoJoArkansas,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at Econo Lodge during your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that you were unable to do so but I do hope that you and your friends had a wonderful time while visiting in our area.

• Pool staff received additional training in properly maintaining the pool and properly taking care of the pool chemicals.

• Pool staff and maintenance were both informed of the broken stairs going into the pool and instructed to see to their repair or replacement.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again consider staying at Econo Lodge. I think you will be greatly pleased.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2005

Our family stayed at this Days Inn not too long ago and it was a bad experience. We were first disappointed by maitnence of the pool. It dirty and had months of scum on the sides. Then we saw in our room some sort of sticky stuff in the carpet and it was really disturbing. Then can you believe that the filter of the air conditioning unit was on the floor under the end table. You would think that house cleaning would have done something about that. Also the bath tub was beginning to rust and the furniture was pretty beat up. Although the staff was extremely friendly. They were nothing but nice to us everytime we would see them. All in all the hotel was not a good choice at all. Yes its affordable but its not worth the few bucks you want to save. If your traveling with pets like we were keep looking because you can do better!

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found our staff to be extremely friendly. I would have expected nothing less, but it is always nice to hear.

• Pool staff received additional training in properly maintaining the pool.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem with the A/C in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

• Staff was informed of the nice comment you made about them and received our commendation concerning the courteous, helpful manner in which they treated you, our valued guests.