“Could be better”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Perrysburg
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Spent nine days here by myself visiting family. May not have stayed here had my wife been with me. House keeping was poor. A lot of things needed repair and attention. However while I was there many things were being seen to.; carpets were being cleaned, parking area was being relined, fixtures being replaced, etc. Management was making an effort.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Rakesh P, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area. I hope you had a wonderful time visiting with your family.

• Management was informed of your report of noticing that they were making an effort to improve conditions at our establishment.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Econo Lodge. I think you will be greatly pleased and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

The minute I walked in the door there was an overwhelming odor-smelled like cat urine. The bed covers were so rumpled that it looked like someone had been sleeping on the bed. The bathtub had mildew in all the caulked areas, the bottom of the tub was stained and looked disgusting. I made a complaint and they offered me a 15% discount, which amounted to $6.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank tdeverna
Rakesh P, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Econo Lodge. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

This hotel may be in the midst of refurbishing, so it may improve in the future. At the moment it is extremely dirty, with poor beds, filthy carpeting and curtains that didn't quite cover up the window from the exterior entry. We passed on the free breakfast, which for me is a rarity. Swimming pool was padlocked at 6 pm and did not look to be functional. It is adequate for a very cheap single night, but would not advise anyone to stay here longer.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was reminded that while work is being done to make the place nicer for our future guests, it is important to make sure that it is as nice as possible for the valued guests whom we host today.

• Maintenance and hours of the pool was looked into.

Reviewed December 10, 2009

had to be there for wok for last several months. hotel stay was fine. the staff made me feel at home. when i need recommamndations for restraurants they gave me great choices. would stay again in near future

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2008

As far as Days Inns go, this one was not bad, but also not the best hotel I've stayed in. I would sum up the stay with the phrase 'you get what you pay for' as the rate was fairly low.

Our room was acceptable. It was clean, but had obviously seen better days. The building itself was older and many make-shift cover-ups had been made to hide its dingy corners. The bathroom was teeny tiny and the bathtub had a permanent grey tinge to the bottom (I checked closey... it was clean). The sink had been recoated with something resembling thick shiney paint which gave it an odd look. The headboard and base to the bed were both warped and 'bubbled' from water having gotten on them at some point and the base of the bed was water-stained (again, still clean... just ugly). The elastic on the fitted sheet was worn out and the sheet kept popping off the mattress at the top which was a little annoying. Again, sheets and mattress were clean and lots of extra pillows were there which made me happy.

A big plus was the addition of a mini-fridge/microwave set in the room which was not advertised, but very welcome!

The free 'Daybreak' breakfast was not much to speak of, but free and available. Bagels, toast, pastries, cereal, bisciuts and a crock-pot of gravy. There was fruit, but with a rotting, black orange sitting in the bottom of the bowl, no one was touching it.

The location was super-convenient, right off of rt. 75 and sitting right next to plenty of places to eat and a Super K-Mart.

I would stay again if I needed a cheap night, but not if I wanted a comfy weekend.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2008

My dad and I stayed here on our way back from a trip to New England, as we both live in the Midwest. We could tell by the decor it was a former Holiday Inn that had been converted to a Days Inn. The room was comfortable and clean, with nice firm beds and my favorite feature, an in-room refrigerator. I know this option does not come with all Days Inn or other budget-priced hotel chains so it was a pleasant surprise, especially considering I had spent the night 2 weeks earlier at a Days Inn located in Iowa but it had no fridge. The in-room refrigerator allowed us to keep our pop and bottled water cold for our trip home the next day.
I also enjoyed the extended continental breakfast offerings in the morning, which included fresh fruit (which is not always offered in some hotels' continental features) and biscuits and gravy. There was also a complimentary computer available in the dining area where I could check my email and websites while I ate breakfast. Overall a fairly pleasant stay. There are also a number of sit-down and fast food restaurants conveniently located close to the hotel (i.e., Panera right next door) for dining options. I

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Wow. Well, the first 5 minutes we were in the room we killed a spider. That's okay though - I can handle spiders, because they're nothing compared to the bed bugs that infested our hotel room. Bed bugs are a serious problem that can ruin your life. I'm not sure how many bed bugs hitched a ride back with us, but our apartment ended up being infested thanks to the bugs we brought back from that hotel room. Bed bugs are harder to eradicate than fleas, and we had to throw away all of our furniture, wash everything we own on the hottest setting, and move. My husband experienced welting, itchy bites all over his body for weeks from these things.

Do yourself a favor, save yourself hundreds of dollars, and never, ever stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bedbugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to their extermination.

Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Perrysburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Perrysburg
Candlewood Suites Perrysburg
#7 of 14 in Perrysburg
Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo South

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!