“Great Food, excellent value”
Review of Cocina de Carlos

Cocina de Carlos
Ranked #2 of 117 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Owned and operated by the Mendez Family since 2010, Cocina de Carlos (Carlos' Kitchen) serves a fresh style of Mexican Cuisine.
vernon NY
“Great Food, excellent value”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Excellent pork carnitas, great flavor. Guacamole salad was fantastic. Portions were ample and prices very reasonable. Ask about the specials

1 Thank Steve C
OKPATRON, Owner at Cocina de Carlos, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, our job is to have a good experience with us and I think we've done with you. Hope to see you soon in our new building next to Kroger.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“You won't regret it”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Took advice from other travelers and was very happy I did. My wife and I ate here the other day and it was terrific. The menu items are very cheap in my opinion, especially for the portions you get. My wife got a burrito (El Sancho style) it was way to much, the biggest burrito I have ever seen that was not some sort of challenge gimic. I got the mixed fajitas and the favor was oozing out of them. I wish I would of ate them plain from the beginning with out extra toppings in my shells, they are that good.

Decor and actually restaurant are a bit run down and shady feeling, but don't let that deter you.

• Visited January 2013
Sandusky
“Decent Lunch With a Groupon”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had never been here before but when I saw a Groupon offering half off, thought we would give it a shot for lunch. The special was a lunch buffet but we could not use the Groupon for that. We each ordered a grilled chicken chimi. different from the shredded chicken, it was grilled with a nice sauce. It did need some salt but that was ok. I might add that it was huge. to our dismay, even though it is not a big thing, the rice and beans were tepid at best.

• Visited January 2013
OKPATRON, Owner at Cocina de Carlos, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks for your comments, the reason that the chicken needed salt, is that we gridle and finish cooking with steam. Just a little vegetable oil first. Then it's just water and steam, healthier, softer, but not too salty. I will consider your comment to try to improve the way we cook. My name is Carlos and I am here to serve and listen your suggestions. Gracias.
Waterloo, Canada
“A pleasant discovery”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

It was a stormy, cold night and we didn't feel like driving very far (having been in the car for hours during a blizzard). Patron was very close to our hotel so we chose it for convenience, but if we stop at one of the motels in the areas in the future, we will definitely be back. The menu and preparation of dishes (my wife and I had two different fajita dishes) is very good with generous portions. The staff were welcoming (we were, though, the only two customers on this stormy night). We were not expecting much - and would have settled for fast food - but this Mexican restaurant (in northern Ohio!) offered a civilized, delicious, and sunny respite from the blizzard outside.

Visited December 2012
South Dakota
“Great Food And Even Better Service”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stopped in because of location to hotel. Excellent food, great atmosphere and excellent margaritas. Great visit with the owners. Serving size plentiful and tasty. Will definitely eat there again when in the Toleco area.

• Visited November 2012