“Great Mex-fare!”

Ranked #2 of 119 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Owned and operated by the Mendez Family since 2010, Cocina de Carlos (Carlos' Kitchen) serves a fresh style of Mexican Cuisine.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Really nice little authentic Mexican restaurant. The service was very friendly indeed, even the owner checked in on our table. Prices charged were very reasonable and the food arrived piping hot! The plate sizes are really big, none of us managed to finish our dishes (even though they were super tasty)!

2  Thank Razinski
OKPATRON, Owner at Cocina de Carlos, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for using time to share your experience with us, brief commentary but with great value to us. thanks again.
Mendez Family.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We really enjoyed our dinner here. The service was excellent and friendly. We also had a nice chat with the owner who checked in on us a couple of times. I had the pork fajitas. The pork was very tender and tasty, although not very spicy. It came with all the usual accompaniments - lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, rice and refrained beans. My husband had the mango chicken fajitas. He said it tasted very fresh. He ate every morsel so I guess he liked it. The margaratias were also good. I had the Texas margarita which was very light, but clearly did not stint on the tequila. If you're in the Toledo area, stop in.

1  Thank Pat D
OKPATRON, Owner at Cocina de Carlos, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Hello, fellow travelers, I remember with joy the talk we had, you said, "we started our journey at a Mexican restaurant in Kentucky and went home and our last meal of the trip is your restaurant." Something my family and I share, is the joy of seeing our customers enjoy the food and our humble restaurant and is a satisfaction to know that we are doing our job and gives us the strength to continue with our "American dream". Thank you for your time to write your comments, but also thanks for letting me join you a few minutes and share with me some details of your trip. Once again, thanks to www.triapdvisor.com, because I had the opportunity to meet people who might not see again, but every time I read your feed-backs, will come the my memory the time we share. For all this, we enjoy our work and we cook with love for you my "AMIGOS VIAJEROS", hope you have a nice memory of this beautiful place that is Perrysburg Ohio and Ok Patron (means "OK Boss). Thank you and God bless your family.
Carlos and Mendez family.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Driven by a 100 times, never tried till we checked out tripadvisor reviews….glad we did! Service was outstanding (owner himself stopped by a few times to check on us & crack a few jokes!) Good daily specials (food & drink!) Try the cactus marg…good! The Pineapple dinner (forget name) was very unique & tasty! (Could be shared with another person!) Wife had shrimp fajitas…. Excellent as well! We’ll be back for sure!

1  Thank luvscigars
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

These local folks made us feel at home! Not for foodies but way better than chains. Don't judge a book by it's cover! Buffet is only at lunch apparently, but you won't leave hungry! Fun, funky atmosphere with outside patio. Great place for hungry families, girls night out.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

If you are looking for reasonably priced Mexican food that is good? This is the best of the best. Service is personal and extreemly friendly. And you won't find better Mexican food anywhere in the area. In fact you would have to go to Mexico to find better Mexican food.

OKPATRON, Manager at Cocina de Carlos, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Your feedback left me with open mouth and these opinions and see my customers enjoy the food and see the peacefulness and the expression of gratitude to us is amazing, as I said before; thanks for the good views, but also thanks for the sincerity of the tips to improve or even the bad reviews, so why try to improve, but your comment at the time to read it, my mind filled with all those smiles of children and adults. I thank the Lord for putting on my way to Perrysburg to put our small and humble restaurant, and also I am proud to live here and see my family grow in this wonderful city, your opinion is my inspiration to be better this day, Thanks . Jose Carlos Mendez and family.