“Best Soft Serve Ice Cream...EVER”
Review of Mr. Freeze

Mr. Freeze
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Perrysburg
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I just moved to Perrysburg this year, so my review is not out of loyalty to Mr. Freeze or due to nostalgia from childhood trips to this ice cream spot. (Although NOW I'm a loyal Mr. Freeze customer.) The ice cream here is delicious. Yes, there's lots of sundae specialties that must all be delicious because I see many of them being enjoyed on every visit. My husband swears their hot fudge sundae is the best ever, and we used to live in New England with Ben and Jerry's stores tempting us in off the street for ice cream on a regular basis. For what two 1 scoop cones would cost at a a B & J's shop or a Haagen Daz shop, you could have four small sundaes at this store. That wouldn't mean much if the product wasn't tasty...but it is. And "small" at Mr. Freeze is way big enough. I like that they have two "Newberry" selections every day. This sugar free/fat free soft-serve is not "flavor free" as so many are. I'd be happier if they kept the vanilla or french vanilla Newberry in one of the machines every day. Hard to believe there's only 8 calories per ounce. I get it with added pecans for a healthy dessert. The true test of how good an ice cream parlor: how's the plain vanilla with no toppings? Their plain vanilla beats all soft serve vanilla I've ever tasted. Another reviewer mentioned a couple of other ice cream joints in the area...I tried them for comparison sake, and realize now why those places sit empty while Mr. Freeze has lines. Its worth waiting for!

1  Thank Jackie C

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great ice cream and great prices! I live 40 minutes away from Perrysburg....but at times have driven that distance just to go to Mr. Freeze!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Well, here's the "hype" that another reviewer doesn't understand: inexpensive ice cream, generous portions (large is huge), and friendly service. I'm not from this area, but have enjoyed stopping in when visiting Perrysburg. If you go when it's hot, expect to wait. The buckeye sundae is a specialty. Then again, nearly all their sundaes are their specialty.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Yes they have good ice cream and large portions. But there are other ice cream choices in town--O deers and Nedleys to name two. I refuse to wait for 30 minutes or more when there are comparable options. But I am not a native Perrysburger, only lived here 20 years now, so I guess I don't have the blind loyalty.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I treated my daughters and their families to ice cream here recently and few of us finished our desserts! One daughter suggested we order the junior size sundae because it's plenty big enough and was I glad I did! The 'small' size was like a large in my book. All the items that we ordered were created perfectly and fairly quickly. The staff is friendly too. I'm glad I was tipped off that they don't accept debit/credit cards because they only take cash. A little disappointing in this day and age. No problem. We'll hit the ATM and definately come back!