“Experience varies by Chef”

Nagoya Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi
Ranked #7 of 115 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Maumee, Ohio, United States
“Experience varies by Chef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went on a date here, the experience was good and the food was excellent as always. We have been here before and enjoyed our time more with other chefs. We have noticed that it depends on your chef as to what type of an experience your going to have. The chef we had last night wasn't very interactive at all. Some of the best times we have had are when the chef talks more and interacts with the guests around the grill.

Overall I would go again, our kids enjoy it also.

perrysburg
“Fun Time - Good Meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stopped in tonight with a party of 4 and no reservations. The wait was about 35-40 minutes, which is what we expected since we hadn't reserved spots. The choices for seating are traditional or around the grill. We asked for whatever came open first and were lucky enough to be seating was around the grill.

I didn't get the name of our server or the chef, but we were very happy with our experience. The server was pleasant, attantive and very efficient! The chef put on a nice show as he prepared our food and the dishes he prepared were every bit as good as the entertainment.

We shared a table with another group that consisted of 5 people and the atmosphere was very friendly!

I highly recommend Nagoya if you are looking for a tasty and fun dinner!!

• Visited March 2013
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“Great Service! Caring Staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I decided to eat dinner at Nagoya in Perrysburg on a random Monday night. We probably go to Nagoya every two months or so and in July we had Nagoya host our Rehearsal Dinner in their private party room. During our rehearsal dinner, Marlene was the one taking care of us and her and the other staff did a fantastic job!! Everyone was raving about what a great idea this was for a rehearsal dinner and how tentative the staff was! So back to our visit on the random Monday night...we ordered our usual except I also ordered a crab salad. When I got the salad, it was very different than what I was used to, and also had very little crab but TONS of japanese pickles (not a fan). I told our server that i wasn't impressed, but I had every intention of still paying for it. He knew we weren't completely satisfied so our server sent over Marlene, who was now the General Manager. She was very pleasant! She apologized on her behalf that we weren't completely happy, took the crab salad off of our bill, and offered us another drink on the house. Marlene was so nice and it's clear she loves her job! More restaurants around here need GM's like her! We go out to eat quite a bit (and I also worked in the restaurant industry) and it's very rare that a GM will stop by to ensure you are completely satisfied with your visit!! We will be going back there more often than before because we know we will get great service and that Marlene will ensure her restaurant patrons are happy! Thanks again!

• Visited January 2013
“Fresh and quality sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Very nice atmosphere and convenient if staying at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street. The fish was fresh and of good quality both time I have stopped in. The portions are generous and the price is good. I usually sit at the bar and have the 8 piece Nigri combo. The chef's choices have not disappointed me and I do recommend for a full course meal. The service at the bar is also warm and friendly. I cannot speak to the quality of the Japanese grill fare. I have not tried it, but both times visiting the grills were busy and many folks enjoying the show and food. This is the area choice if sushi is your goal.

• Visited February 2013
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We love this restaurant! The food is great, chefs are great, and the atmosphere is fun. Never had a bad experience here. We have been here several times and will continue to go. SO YUMMY!!