“Stayed here a couple times” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Perrysburg

Candlewood Suites Perrysburg
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Chicago, Illinois
“Stayed here a couple times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

Place is virtually brand new. So new my GPS could not find it.

Rooms were immaculate, with granite counter-tops and a large flat screen TV. Beds were very comfortable. Little small with the kitchen. This is not a Residence Inn, which are spacious. This is more for the budget traveler.

Nice workout facility but no pool/hot-tub so that was a downer. Not sure when they built this without a pool, tough to attract families with no pool. There is plenty of room for a pool outside so not sure what the strategy was there.

Anyway, no frills, but nice, and clean and a good rate of $70.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Wadsworth, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

This hotel is brand new--less than one year. We stayed one night in a suite with a separate bedroom, spacious sitting room and fully-equiped kitchen. The room was absolutely spotless. The staff was friendly and helpful. Any requests we made from the front desk for extra bedding, silverware, etc. were delivered immediately. This was the second time we stayed in a Candlewood Suites room. The first time it was in Columbus, Ohio. Both times were great experiences and we will always seek this chain when we travel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

The Candlewood Suites in Perrysburg was just right for our family as we traversed up
I-75 from Lexington, KY for a weekend visit with our son in Dearborn, MI. It is a touch of home at a busy exit just off I-75 and the intersection of the Ohio turnpike. Lots of chain restaurants to choose nearby. We walked into the Cracker Barrel across the street with no wait at 8 on a Saturday night. The Candlewood was a fresh, new facility perfect for a no hassle rest up before completing the last hour leg of the trip the next morning. Check in was easy with a friendly staff. There were actually two clerks standing by for our 9 pm check in. The two double bed room was spotless, clean and quiet, just perfect for three related adults to relax and refresh. I like Candlewood for one night stay overs as I don't have need for maid service or fresh linen or recreational facilities--I'd much rather have the recliner and an oven to bake cookies in that I bought at their self serve "canteen" . It has what I need and nothing more, space, clean and quiet , with a touch of granite surfaces and plush bedding. It rained hard that night, but the place is so well insulated, we didn't know it till we stepped out onto wet pavement and sunshine the next morning. It will be a regular stop on our frequent treks between the Bluegrass and Motown.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

Service here is horrible. Albeit it is an extended suite, trying to get additional help such as towels, soap, etc was like asking for a BIG FAVOR. My example: one of the perks of this place is has an available laundry mat that is free for patrons. I was doing my laundry and asked for some laundry bags. The person in the front desk gave me this look and said that there is a laundry basket in your room you could use. I told her I'd rather not use it (hygeniene issue/don't know who else used it and for what) and she gave me an attitude saying ehhh...i need to go get them upstairs. THIS IS NOT A POSITIVE OR AN OPEN ATTITUDE. Example 2: I politely asked if they had any envelope I could use to mail out something and said "No, i don't so" and loosely looked around and said "I think its in the other office but its locked up right now....come back tommorrow." I went there the next day and the person working turned around and grabbed one out of a cabinet that was right there that the guy didn't even bother and know where to check.

This place service is REALLY HORRIBLE!!!! I travel alot for work and perhaps go to 12-16+ hotels a year and this goes up as one of my worst stays. Other then the HORRIBLE SERVICE and TREATMENT i received there this hotel is decent and seems like its a new building (perhaps thats why its filled with incompetent employees).....if i had to choose a place to stay again, I would've stayed at the Holliday Inn across the street.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business