“Nice hotel and rooms”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Ohio
“Nice hotel and rooms”
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We stayed at this hotel from Fri to Sun and did not have the noise issues with this hotel. The room was comfortably furnished; the bathroom was working and nicely stocked with the Neutrogena bathroom amenities. There was Starbucks coffee in-room and a fridge and microwave. The breakfast (not free) was filling and the dining room and service was good. The interior of the hotel is furnished modernly and remote printing came in handy. Overall, this hotel was not noisy (stayed on top floor) and the amenities we used was working properly and had no issues with this HGI.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
ohio
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Purchased the Valentine's package. All was as promised. The room was comfortable and spacious.

I have traveled extensively and have stayed at many different hotels. This hotel was one of the noisest. Until 3:00 a.m., one could hear doors slamming, people talking and just about any other noise immaginable. Also, the covering on the bed is not conducive for sleeping. It is extremely hot.

I would choose another hotel for the price paid.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Paulding Ohio
Reviewed January 2, 2010

This is a nice clean new hotel. We also experienced the heating issue with the room becoming very warm and then the air turning on to bring the room to the correct temp. but in the mean time the air is very cold. The unit is also very loud.

We also used our debit card to pay and were never informed that an extra hold would be put onto our card for incidentals which we did not incure. I called the hotel and they said it would be up to my bank as to when I would receive a credit back to my account. I think they should have a sign or tell you this upon check-in.

They also advertise the Garden sleep system which will be the most restful sleep you will have. This was the worst sleep we've gotten. The bed was like sleeping on a plywood board. We turned the high tech dial to soft and it still was like a rock. Very disapointing. We hardly slept at all and did not feel refreshed when we left.

The breakfast which came with the room was fair, you can have omlets, eggs and waffles cooked to order and it also has a buffet with scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, fruit and other items. The cooked to order items were good all the other hot food was cold.

You can also hear a lot of noise in the hallways. For such a new hotel we thought it would be quieter.

We will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
nyc
Reviewed December 27, 2009

It is a new hotel sobfeels dresh and clean. Only complaint is the hearing and cooling. While you have a modern digital wall unit, it turns on heat so fast and hot the air conditioner cones on a dew minutes later to cool room back down to temperature you set it at! This was during a snowstorm.

• Stayed January 2010
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed December 8, 2009

A few problems...
1) I was misinformed about breakfast. I was told that it would be complimentary, but ended up with a bill of $20+ I would not have eaten there if I had known I would be charged.
2) The room looked nice when we first got in, but the bathroom had quite a few flaws. First, it smelled horrible. Second, the faucet was not working properly. Third, the shower had no happy medium. It was either scalding hot, or freezing cold.
3) I was not verbally told that $50 would be taken out of my checking account for 'incidentals' until I found it on my statement. I almost bounced a check because of it. When I called to ask when I would get my money back they were rather rude about it. I was spoken to like I was an idiot for not reading the fine print. I don't think it is asking too much to be told verbally about it when I hand them my card. I stayed Saturday, it is Tuesday and I still do not have my money back.
4) At the Christmas cocktail/dinner party that my work threw for us, one of the bartenders was very rude. She acted like we were asking a lot when we went for a beer or a glass of wine. I thought that she was paid to serve us such things?

Overall, it was not a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perrysburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Toledo South - Perrysburg
Belamere Suites
#1 of 13 in Perrysburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg
Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg? Share your experiences!