“buying trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Perrysburg
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great location. Levis Commons had a lot to offer outside of the hotel. The facilities were great, the staf was wonderful. My only complaint is the King Size adjustable bed. I could not find a level that was comfortable for me. I will still go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
izzet s, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Erika D,

I am glad that you found our location to be perfect with many upscale shopping and restaurant options all within walking distance including the comedy club located right across the street from the hotel during your stay.

We also appreciate your nice comment about our friendly staff being wonderful and facilities of the hotel being to your liking. I am sorry that you didn’t get to enjoy the benefits of our famous Garden Sleep System beds. They are fairly easy to use and gives our guests the freedom of selecting the firmness of their choice. Dial pad that controls the options located right on the side of the bed. It is our ultimate goal to provide best hospitality in Northwest Ohio and that is why we like to have our guests feedback to improve the goods and services we provide here at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/Perrysburg.

Once again thank you for your feedback and looking forward to host your next visit to the area.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We are staying here right now. We booked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews. Our daughter is a student at BGSU and our 2 sons were spending the weekend with her for Sibs Weekend. All the hotels closest to the university were booked, so as usual I turned to trip advisor for help. I think we lucked out that the hotels closest to BGSU were booked. I will gladly make the 10 minute drive to stay here at the Hilton again. We booked a king room with breakfast included. There was a rate reduction since the time we originally booked and were given the discount.
Check in was fast and friendly. All room requests were met (high floor room, non-smoking room, extra pillows) Everything in the room was perfect. Modern and CLEAN! Our room overlooked part of Levis Commons. Housekeeping does a fabulous job here, so kuddos to them.
The mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave have all come in handy, especially with all the leftovers from the many nearby restaurants in Levis Commons. All within walking distance and several shops as well.
The onsite gym is clean and well maintained. There are even headphones and a scale, for anyone that cares to use it- lol. The pool and hot tub perfectly maintained and not overly busy, despite all the rain outside.
I love the sleep comfort bed too. Just adjust to the level of firmness you like.
Breakfast til 11 am on the weekends. Service was friendly and the food was quite good. I really enjoyed my made-to-order omlette and french toast.
Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Chevesrule

Dear Chevesrule,

We are glad that you turn in to Trip Adviser reviews and used the feedback to plan your trip to the area. Trip Advisor site is the ultimate resource for locating a place solely based on the feedback and experience travelers like yourself shares without sugar coding.
We are thrilled to learnt that you found our rooms clean and nicely appointed with mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave. As you mentioned, Our location is very convenient and surrounded by many upscale shopping as well as restaurants and entertainment all within walking distance. We also noted that you enjoyed a great check in experience with fast and friendly staff and most importantly all your reservation requests were met. Our Garden Sleep System beds are very popular among travelers like yourself where they can adjust the firmness of the mattress to their liking with a touch of dial.

Our famous award winning breakfast always popular among our guests and our local clienteles. It is an excellent value and everything prepared on site with fresh ingredients.

Our staff and management strives everyday to provide best hospitality and a memorable stay for our guests and to do so we need our valued guest’s comments. We will share your feed back with all the staff and advised that that their hard work is noticed and appreciated.

Once again we thank you for giving us the opportunity to be at your service and hope you will choose us again when you visit the area in near future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

The front desk was a quick and painless check in. I walked in my room and it smelled like someone had smoked a whole pack of cigs. The front desk was more then happy to switch me to a different room no questions asked.

The big thing for me, being a vegan, was the little addition of soymilk in the continentall breakfast. This is the first hotel ive ever been to that offered some form of dairy alternative. It made my week to be able to wake up and have a bowl of cereal. Thankyou to whomever was in charge of stocking that.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Videoskate
izzet s, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear Videoskate,

Please accept our apologies for your checking experience. I am glad to find out that our Front Desk was quick to respond and change your room to accommodate your needs and make it comfortable for you.

As for the soymilk, it is a standard product we use on a regular basis at the hotel with the hope that we could also take care of those guests with special dietary needs or Vegan like yourself. I will make sure that our chef continues to keep it in our inventory and advise him that his selection of soymilk helped you to have a lasting impression of our hotel.

Once again thank you choosing our hotel and looking forward to have the privilege of serving you again in near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is the best hotel in the local area. Does exactly what a budget hotel should do; it's clean, modern, convenient - great breakfast buffet in the morning. The waffles made to order are "awesome".

The location is great too, there are plenty of shops and other eating choices within walking distance of the front of the hotel.

Dear Bishopgate,

Thank you taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/Perrysburg on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear that you were thrilled by the services of our hotel and facilities it has to offer. We also appreciate your sincere comments on our very clean and comfortable rooms and all areas of the hotel you were able to visit.

I will make sure that our chef in the morning is aware of the fact that his freshly made waffles left a long lasting impression on you so you found it worthwhile to mentioned on your post.

Once again thank you choosing our hotel and looking forward to have the privilege of serving you again in July or sooner.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The beds are so good, I did not want to get out of there for a week.
The breakfast service really is very good, very warm and nice.
very good food.

we had drinks at the bar -
the bar - installation - is not the nicest, but good, that there is the service.
If you want to try a drink you have not had before - just pay attention to the barman's advice (the one we had gave bad advice according to his consumption habits)....
but other than that : all perfect.
:-)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
izzet s, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear TanyaB373,

We will definitely share your comments regarding our friendly staff with the team and they would be glad to learn that they made a lasting impression on you. In terms of our lobby bar and the bartender concern; we will remind him to be more careful about his recommendations

We thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to the area and it is our sincere hope that we will have the opportunity to be at your service once again in near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here as part of our weekenbd getaway. The staff was great and the hotel location was ideal for shopping/dining. It is in the Levis Commons Shopping Center just off of 475 in Perrysburg. They offer a bed and breakfast rate, which was perfect for our purposes. The breakfast was exceptional and the staff was attentive to all of our needs. The pool and fitness center are both small but serviceable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dave B,

We will definitely share your comments about our friendly staff with the team and they would be glad to learn that they made a lasting impression on you.

We thank you for choosing our hotel during your weekend gateway and it is our sincere hope that we will have the opportunity to be at your service once again in near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times in the past with no problems. This time, though, there were a couple. My husband and I both woke up in the middle of the night and heard a strange sort of humming or whistling. It would start and stop. It would shift intensity. There was no rhyme or reason to it. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I thought it might be originating from the heater, but when I got closer it didn't get more noticeable. Speaking of the heater, it also turned on and off throughout the night at irregular intervals, which was irritating. Plus, for some reason, the lights in the whole room, and especially the bathroom seemed much dimmer than in the past, which made it frustrating for me to get ready for Easter morning church services, wanting to look my best. The final thing I noticed that bothered me was the scattering of dead bugs all over the indoor pool area. They were everywhere on the outer perimeter of the room, especially near the potted plants. I'm glad they were dead, but they still gave me the shudders.

Room Tip: Don't pick room 704 where we experienced the majority of our problems.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
izzet s, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Elizabeth D,

I am sorry to hear that you weren’t as happy during your recent stay as you were in your previous stays. We appreciate your candid feedback and always take our guests perception in to consideration when we change our ways of doing things for the better. I have gone back and check to see if we can also hear the humming sound you mention in your post but unfortunately we were not successful in hearing the humming sound or any other unidentifiable sound in the room you stayed in. Our in room HVAC system is controlled by easy to use digital thermostat located across from the unit. Usually once its set it will keep the temperature to your liking and only time it would kick back on once the room temperature fells more than five degrees.

Our bathrooms have two separate switches to provide lighting for the area. They are both located next to each other and one provides lighting from the ceiling and the other one controls the wall scones located both sides of the bathroom mirror. It gives the freedom to the user to select the level of desired lighting in the bathrooms. Our brand also specifies the wattage on the light bulbs that are used on these light fixtures and all complies with local and international standards. I am sorry to hear that it was frustrating for you especially when getting ready for the Easter morning service. I discussed the matter with my chief engineer and we are reviewing the possibilities as how we can provide better lighting in the bathroom area to prevent similar frustration to our future guests.

As for the dead bugs you mention in the outer parameter of the pool area; we; myself, our executive housekeeper and chief engineer along with our outside contractor for the plant maintenance visited the area for a follow up but couldn’t verify any live or dead bugs either inner or outer parameter of the pool room. We did see dried up leafs fell off of the plants but no site of bugs. We will keep eye on the area and monitor closely so we never have such a problem.

Dear Elisabeth D, Once again thank you for your feedback and be assured that every feedback we get we put it in good use and work diligently toward to improve our goods and services here at the hotel. It is our hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again when you visit the area and witness the changes you have mentioned on your post.

Izzet Sozeri
Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/Perrysburg

Also consider these accommodations in or near Perrysburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Toledo South - Perrysburg
La Quinta Inn Toledo Perrysburg
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 14 in Perrysburg

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg? Share your experiences!