“Great place to stay! - Stay here rather than Bowling Green”

Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Perrysburg
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great hotel and atmosphere! The Levis Commons is a great place to walk/shop/eat, just a great feeling and quiet atmosphere....

Pros of Hotel
- free wireless
- nice swimming pool and hot tub
- great lobby with eatery and private seating area
- complimentary Starbucks coffee in the lobby
- friendly staff
- beautiful scenery and places to shop and eat
- Bowling Green University is a 10-15 minute drive
- Toledo is a 20 minute drive, we shopped at the Westfield Franklin Mall - nice shopping
- Hotel rooms are nice, tons of television channels, needed to refer to the guide next to the bed!

Cons
- Breakfast should be included for $145 a night

All in all, stay here if you're going to be in the Bowling Green area...I have stayed at both the Hampton and the Holiday Inn and after staying in Perrysburgh, it's worth the 15 minute drive...Will be staying here next year too!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Colin D
izzet s, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Colin D,

Thank you very much for taking the time and let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting the area.

Our location which is fairly close proximity to all area attraction combined with our hotels amenities along with our friendly staff makes it worthwhile to go out of your way to spent a night or two.

We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in near future.

Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/ Perrysburg

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here last weekend while visiting our daughter at BGSU. The 15 minute drive to the campus was easy with open roads. The hotel was very clean and the staff was amazing. I have never had so many people greet me and ask if I needed anything. We did not participate in the breakfast there because had per-arranged plans, but the spread smelled great with plenty of options. We will stay here again and again over the next 4 years.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Turbostang

Dear Turbostang,

Thank you very much for taking the time and share your exprience on the Trip Advisor Site. We sincerely appreciate your comments and feed back.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and was able to note that the hospitality that was extended to you by our staff will help you to determine where to stay next time you are in the area.

We will share your comments with our staff and I am sure they will be looking forward to serve you again in next visit.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The entire staff here treated us like dirt. They were condescending, unaccomadating and belligerent. We booked and event here and several rooms. They moved our event to a much smaller room and refused to do anything about it but argue. We had publicized it in the room we booked and their signage said we had that room but we got an inferior room at the same price and everyone from the front desk, banquet services , to the GM literally laughed in our faces. They even screwed up one of our guests confirmed reservations and put his family of 4 into a room with one bed. I am NOT kidding. It was bar none the WORST customer service I have ever experienced and I will never book at a Hilton again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Twomoldy
izzet s, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Twomoldy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your exprience on Trip Advisors site. I am truly sorry that we gave you the impression that we did not take care for your concerns and you did not receive proper service.

I would like to point out that I personally met with you to help resolve the situation on Saturday evening. I would also like to point out that you thought you had a different room name on your contract than the one you were assigned that evening. This was not correct and we offered to show you the contract you signed which spelled out that our contractual agreement listed no meeting room names other than it was for 40 people to be set up as hospitality.

I am also sorry that I did not comply with your suggestion to settle the issue in the parking lot as we are not accustomed to such practices in order to resolve our issues.

Per the cost of the room; unlike the detail of your post, you were extended a 30% discount on your bill as a good gesture of the hotel.

As for the wrong guest room type issues you listed in your letter; I can only say that your guests got a room type they made a reservation for. Some made reservations through the hotel's reservation desk and got two queen size bedded rooms and some made their reservation through a 3rd party system and reserved king size bedded rooms. I can assure you that we strive very hard to provide the best goods and services in northwest OHIO and Trip Advisor posts are the best testament for that fact.

Once again we appreciated having you as our guest and would wellcome the opportunity to regain your trust and provide you with the service you would expect from Hilton.

Sincerely.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

In the area for an event at BGSU and decided to stay a bit further from campus at this Hilton Garden Inn based on the reviews and I am thrilled that I did. This is a large, modern, beautifully decorated HGI that I will definitely return to! I was upgraded to a King suite and have a large, comfortable, clean room with a microwave and fridge. There was a personal note in my room welcoming me and letting me know there were sodas and a cheese and fruit plate waiting for me in the fridge. What a great surprise! The breakfast was delicious, Christine was very attentive and made me feel welcome. Just observing the breakfast area it was obvious that there are regulars that stay here and the restaurant staff new their names and preferences for breakfast. The hotel is located in a very nice shopping/ restaurant area and there are many things to do within walking distance, including a movie theater. I'll be back!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank luckyno39
izzet s, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Luckyno 39,

Thank you very much for taking the time and share your exprience on our Trip Advisor site. We sincerly appreciate your feed back. I saw that you had a pleasant surprise finding our hotel while visiting the area. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our services efficient and friendly.

I will particularly share your comment about Chris with her and I am sure she will be looking forward to your next visit and welcome you back as one of our regular guests.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/Perrysburg and we ahope that you will allow us to serve you again in near future

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Recently stayed here for a Girls weekend. Great hotel! Beds were very comfortable. Rooms & hotel were very clean and well taken care of. Situated in a great area for shopping and dining. Everything was within walking distance. The made-to-order breakfast buffet was very good and worth the price. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Easy to find and close to an Interstate exit. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel might be quieter when there is partying on the plaza in front of...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tsmith044
izzet s, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Tsmith044,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great exprience with your stay in our Hotel on Trip Advisor site. We sincerly appreciate your kind words of our location and condition of our hotel. I am also very happy that you found our staff being plesant and friendly. I will share your post with them.

We work very hard to make sure all of our guests have a memorable stay and give them reason for them to come back when ever they are in the area.

It is our hope that you will allow us to serve you again in near future.

Once again Thank you for choosing us and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Enjoyed staying at this hotel. It is clean, newer, well maintained, and in a shopping area. The front desk accommodated us with our group, and the room was clean and modern. The kids enjoyed the pool although it was a bit small. There is a work out room with tv's. Breakfast was made to order and very good. We also enjoyed the adjustable beds.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
izzet s, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Charlie K,

Thank you very much for taking the time and share your positive exprience on trip Advisor. We are glad that you had a great stay while visiting our hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/Perrysburg.

It is our upmost desire to provide best service in the industry and hope that we have earned your loyalty.

Once again thank you for the opportunity to serve you and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

After driving all day from Providence, Rhode Island, I was greeted by the friendly staff at this hotel. They were very helpful and provided good suggestions as to where to have dinner after driving all day. The hotel is clean and is well decorated with a very confortable atmosphere. I have stayed at this hotel twice now and will continue to stay here every time I have to drive out west. It is easy to get to and back from I-80 and is well worth the detour to stay. I look forward to my next stay there :^).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Charlie K
izzet s, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Charlie K,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg during your trrip. We appreciate that you are sharing your exprience on trip advisor.

We are very happy that you found our service impeciable and our hotel clean and comfortable. We will share your feed back with our staff and will be looking forward to your next visit to the area.

General Manger
Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/Perrysburg

Also consider these accommodations in or near Perrysburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Toledo South - Perrysburg
La Quinta Inn Toledo Perrysburg
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 14 in Perrysburg

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg? Share your experiences!