“Superb!”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Monroe, Michigan
“Superb!”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Hilton Garden Inn's are my hotel of choice, but this one in Perrysburg is exceptional. It is conveniently located in Levis Commons which provides a superb shopping experience along with excellent restaurant choices.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor which was quiet even with lots of activity occurring outside. While I prefer...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I am an eye surgeon and I worked for several months in 2011 as a locum tenens physician at an ophthalmology practice in Oregon, Ohio while I waited for my eye clinic in Kentucky to complete construction.

I have stayed in the Toledo area many times over the past decade for various reasons including trips to the Detroit Auto Show.

I had previously stayed at several of the Courtyard by Marriott hotels in the Toledo area between 2001 and 2004. The Courtyards were nice at that time and I got a good price using Priceline. My most recent stay at the Perrysburg Courtyard in January 2011 was not satisfactory due to the hotel having aged considerably. Many years ago, it was the nicest of the three Courtyards in the Toledo area, but due to excessive use from the large number of guests over the years, the hotel rooms were not that nice anymore. The hotel was noisy on the night that I stayed due to a youth athletic group.

While I was driving on the 475 loop, I noticed the Levis Commons with what appeared to be a pretty new Hilton Garden Inn. I drove up to the Hilton Garden Inn and noticed the area was essentially brand-new with many small boutique shops and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The management allowed me to inspect the rooms and look at all areas of the hotel. I thought the hotel was beautiful and the rooms were much nicer than other hotels in the Toledo area. I called the Director of Sales and arranged for a special rate as I was staying for several days a week over many months and we agreed upon a mutually satisfactory rate.

The front desk staff were always pleasant (if a little busy at times) and would check me in very quickly when I arrived. The rooms were always nice with a small refrigerator, and a HDTV (although I could never seem to consistently get the HD channels while using the remote). I generally do not eat breakfast, but breakfast was included as part of my rate and so, of course, I did. The breakfasts were the best hot breakfasts that I have eaten at any hotel that I have stayed at over the years. For health reasons, I do not eat beef, pork, real eggs, etc. The chef personally prepared Eggbeaters omelettes, pancakes, and other hot foods, to my specific dietary requirements. The fruits, yogurts, cereals, and other cold items, complimented the hot foods very nicely. The staff in the dining room were very pleasant and attentive and I got to know them quite well over the many months that I stayed there.

The only negative about the Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg that I can think of is that one has to drive a little distance through Levis Commons and negotiate several stop signs and roundabouts before they arrive at the hotel lobby or parking lot. I consider that a very minor inconvenience for what is one of the nicest hotels that I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank rcpo123
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Traveled here for business -- great hotel, comfortable beds, nice televisions with cable.
Pool and gym in the hotel and there was a restaurant, although I didn't eat there. It's also next to nice shops and restaurants.
Overall a great experience!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
michigan
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed here on business and had no complaints. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. The fact that the hotel is located at Levi's Commons, an outdoor village of shops and restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel is very nice. Many times when staying at a hotel on business there is nothing within walking distance! There is a Japanese Steakhouse right across the driveway and they have great food.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank hobiecatsailor
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We recently visited some friends in Northwest Ohio, and we needed a place to stay. Being NW Ohio in the dead of winter, I didn't make a reservation in advance. After looking at some options on Trip Advisor on my iPhone, we settled on this hotel as we were already planning to have dinner in the Levis Commons shopping area that evening. The hotel is located within the shopping area, which is a newer, outdoor mall with numerous restaurants, stores, and a movie theater. The desk clerk was very friendly when I went to inquire about rates, and I was able to get a better rate using a corporate discount. They had cookies and coffee/tea out for afternoon refreshments, which was nice. The rooms are average sized, but have microwaves and refrigerators--always appreciate that. Beds are comfy, and the room has a nice flat panel TV. The hotel was relatively quiet at night despite a couple large parties in the ballrooms. We didn't have time to use the pool or exercise room, and skipped breakfast (it's not included in the room). That said, we would definitely stay here again should we travel to Toledo--it's a very nice property in a convenient location.

Room Tip: The hotel seemed a little over-priced for a weekend night in NW Ohio. See if your employer has a co...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed here for two nights, Dec 25-26th, while visiting family over the Christmas break. It is new and clean. The staff is great. They have Sleepnumber beds and a nice desk and chair for work. The pool is good size and the spa will seat about eight. The work-out room is somewhat small but has a decent selection of equipment. The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is right in the heart of Levi's Park. There are restaurants, entertainment and a movie theater all within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Puggleowner
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed December 17, 2011

nice new hotel. very clean and quiet except that our room was next to the room with the ice machine, and people kept banging the door! love staying at levis commons for the great shopping and dining. will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perrysburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Toledo South - Perrysburg
Belamere Suites
#1 of 13 in Perrysburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg
Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg? Share your experiences!