“Best Beer Bar and Pub EVER!”

Winking Lizard Tavern
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Peninsula
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Well, I'm partial. We live about 6 miles away and this is our go to place. We have several favorite servers and always have a good meal - and I am critical, but am giving this rating based on other brew pubs - not on fine dining ;)))

My husband has done the "World Tour of Beers" for 3 years now - he drinks 100+ DIFFERENT beers during the calendar year and gets a prize! Whoo Hoo!

I concentrate on all of the great seasonal food specials. The Lizard does a fantastic job with almost everything, but skip the nachos (stopped ordering them a few years ago, but maybe they have improved), spinach and artichoke dip is fab as well as the hot wings! Salads are huge, we love the spinach, buffalo chicken, also Asian Chicken. Wraps are good, fish and chips and burgers are awesome! Try the Hanson Burger - my teen son's favorite!

Sports on many TV's, a game room, free popcorn - next to biking and hiking trails along with the Cuyahoga Scenic Rail Road Depot and 2 miles from Boston Mills Ski Resort. What more could you ask?

OH yeah, a whisky bar in the basement for 21 and older…so yeah, everything.

Yum, dinner tomorrow? YES!

Hope you enjoy the Lizard as much as we do!

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I was taken here by a friend that lives in the area. He and his wife frequent the place on most weekends. The service was fast and responsive and the food was good. They have a nice selection of foods in their menu so there is plenty of variety. I wish we had a place like this back home.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We had 43 guys for a St Ignatius reunion. Staff did a great job, even with separate checks. Service was friendly and competent. But best part was they did a great job of dealing with a big group. Food is probably average bar food. But good atmosphere and lots to drink. Big bar. The Peninsula site does get crowded and their is limited parking. Worth making the trip down 303 to Peninsula.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stopped here for dinner on a Saturday night. We were surprised that the wait was only 20 minutes. Meal was great- I had the salmon and husband had a burger. We split an order or peroigies! Very yummy! Dinner for 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 beers, and an appetizer was $60

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had dinner at the Winking Lizard after an afternoon at Cuyahoga Valley National Park. What a fun, lively place! I have no idea how many different kinds of beer they have, but it's a LOT. Food was good - hubby and I split spinach/artichoke dip appetizer; I had a steak wrap with fries, and hubby had ribs. All the food was hot and tasty. Unfortunately, they were out of the dessert of the month. In keeping with the lizard theme, they have their own iguana named Heisman. This is a lively pub-style restaurant, not a place to go if you want a quiet meal. It's a great place to go with kids. I understand that the Winking Lizard is a chain; this was our first visit, and we would definitely visit again if we're in the area. I wish they'd expand to the Pittsburgh area!