“Great food, great service!”

Winking Lizard Tavern
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Peninsula
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 13, 2013

A month in advance, I booked a private room for 60 people. We arrived by train and walked to the restaurant. The room was ready when we arrived and the staff was so delightful and well prepared for our arrival. It was 11:30 and the restaurant was full! We had ordered an appetizer buffet and the staff did everything that they could to meet our needs. The food was delicious but I was consumed by the overwhelming effort put forth by the staff of the restaurant.The majority of my group was people with mental and physical disabilities. The staff made every effort to communicate with the individuals to meet their needs before looking to me for assistance. I was so impressed by that. I thank them and the catering Mgr for all of their effort. We highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Tried to order food that was not pre-made. Was told that the black bean burger, turkey burger, and pizza is pre packaged. I did end up ordering the wings and they were pretty good, but not something I would travel to eat. I think it looks like a fun place to go to for an evening of adult fun. I might try that.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We ate here on a busy Thursday and opted to sit outside where it was a little quieter. Our server was friendly and professional, serving us in a timely manner. We noticed a lot of families eating around us, some with babes in arms still. We ordered the BBQ ribs and BBQ 1/2 chicken, which was on special that night. Both were very good with plenty of meat, although I do have to say, the chicken was not one of those super charged hyped up on growth hormone chickens. It was the perfect size for me. I only ate a quarter of the bird as I was full, and my husband polished off the wing. We left the drier breast behind, but that was only because we were full. I could have slathered the meat in the tasty BBQ sauce and all would be good. Others have mentioned the restaurant's great location along the tow patch. They are right. You can stop in for lunch or drinks, then return for dinner.

1  Thank Babu2773
Reviewed June 27, 2013

A must go to if you are visiting Peninsula, Oh or just driving on Rt. 303. Service is outstanding and very family friendly. Especially families with smaller children. Menu is great. A game area for children, an outdoor patio and a huge selection of different types of beers. A good time for all!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The BBQ St. Louis style ribs are to die for! The restaurant is best known for its different types of beer. It is a great way to end your walk or bike ride along the towpath trail.