“Stop for tasty food and atmosphere”

Winking Lizard Tavern
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Peninsula
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Stop for tasty food and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We ate here on a busy Thursday and opted to sit outside where it was a little quieter. Our server was friendly and professional, serving us in a timely manner. We noticed a lot of families eating around us, some with babes in arms still. We ordered the BBQ ribs and BBQ 1/2 chicken, which was on special that night. Both were very good with plenty of meat, although I do have to say, the chicken was not one of those super charged hyped up on growth hormone chickens. It was the perfect size for me. I only ate a quarter of the bird as I was full, and my husband polished off the wing. We left the drier breast behind, but that was only because we were full. I could have slathered the meat in the tasty BBQ sauce and all would be good. Others have mentioned the restaurant's great location along the tow patch. They are right. You can stop in for lunch or drinks, then return for dinner.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Babu2773

Mason, Ohio
“Family Friendly Tavern”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

A must go to if you are visiting Peninsula, Oh or just driving on Rt. 303. Service is outstanding and very family friendly. Especially families with smaller children. Menu is great. A game area for children, an outdoor patio and a huge selection of different types of beers. A good time for all!

• Visited June 2013
Niles, Ohio
“Great!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The BBQ St. Louis style ribs are to die for! The restaurant is best known for its different types of beer. It is a great way to end your walk or bike ride along the towpath trail.

Visited June 2013
Ohio
“Spent a Week there One Day”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were in Peninsula and were hungry so there was not much choice. It was a Friday afternoon around 2 p.m. and it seemed like it was all they could do to service the sparse crowd that was there. I kept thinking I would hate to be there when it was really busy. We sat on the patio and it took awhile for the server to come over to us. On the plus side, she was very nice and friendly but never seemed to be in any hurry and was a little distracted for some reason. I had the Chinese Chicken Salad that I would describe as extremely average, not even close to the standards of, say, The Cheesecake Factory, which has an excellent one. By the time it came, I just wanted to eat it and get the heck out of there.

• Visited May 2013
Santiago
“really good”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had Western burger and Mexican soup and coleslaw for lunch. All really tasty and good! Ate on patio. Service was pleasant. Would definitely go back again.

• Visited May 2013