“Excellent Place to Stay to Getaway from it all”

Quail Hollow Resort
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Painesville
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My husband and I decided to tell the family we were getting out of town for the weekend- what we didn't tell them is that we were staying 15 minutes from home. Quail was sooo nice! The facilities were very well maintained its absolutely beautiful! The food was world class and delicious. Everyone was super courteous and the gold course is phenomenol. For those looking to have a leaisurely couple of days or coming in to the area to visit family- I would definitely reccomend Quail Hollow!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 12, 2010

I am a full time student, and also work in a hotel full time so this vacation was a getaway from the everyday. My mother, sister, aunt and I enjoyed three relaxing nights at your hotel. The room was perfect, and the housekeeping was fantastic. My mother and aunt took advantage of your great workout room, while my sister and I slept in your cozy beds We went to the bar everynight to have a few drinks and talk. The service was great. The drinks were made to perfection, and my mother loved the fact the waitress remembered her favorite martini. Hands down to the chef. Everything we ate was wonderful and priced right. We also attended your mng. ball on tuesday night, the sever there was just as friendly. The pool and spa was very clean, and was enjoyed daily. We would also like to add that Jack Arra's salon in the area is must, but the bar at the end of the street is nothing special. Thank you to your staff for making our trip a true getaway.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Swanson_10
Reviewed September 10, 2010

This is our second stay at the property. We were there Aug. 23-25, 2010, and unlike the review before mine, we had no experience or knowledge of a power failure on those nights. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but we had power the whole time we were there and everyone was lovely to us, hospitable, friendly. We were given a free upgrade to a slightly larger room. Everything was clean. Breakfast was nice, with good service, even to the point of each waitress offering to make up to-go cups for us. The lobby is beautiful, and the patio out back was a great place to sit and visit. It was a good value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

While checking in we were warmly greeted and provided our room keys. Rooms were neat and clean. Pool is only open till 8PM. After that, nothing to do. The following evening we attended the wedding party provided by the resort. Nothing fantastic, then, the power went out. At 9pm I went to my room. No power on the floor (whole hallway black) one light to use in my room, no wifi, no television. When I called the front desk, they told me it would be back up and running by 10:30. No such luck. The ice machines were leaking all over the floors. I found my way back to the wedding reception (waiting for power to come back) and the d.j. was having problems providing entertainment due to the power going off and on. Went back to my room, still no power. Eventually by 11:30ish... POWER! When leaving, I was unable to be provided with a final bill the next morning. When I checked back with them, they overcharged me for the two nights stay, didn't apologize and were very rude. Normally, during a power situation, I would have been more understandable, however, this power outage only occured at the hotel. If they were a little more apologetic about it I would not have been as frustrated. But then, to screw with my bill well... I'm not a happy camper!!! Still waiting for resolution on the billing.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I have a daughter at Notre Dame and drive between Boston and South Bend four times a year on I-90. Several years ago someone recommended this hotel and I've been staying there ever since. It is right off of I-90 just East of Cleveland, but there is no highway noise. The interior of the hotel is beautiful; the rooms have high end linens and herbal soaps/shampoos; the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel has an excellent steakhouse, a bar with large screen tv and fireplace, and the food from room service is equally good. The grounds are beautiful, the hotel is adjacent to a golf club, and it has both indoor and outdoor pools. Internet service is free, but be sure that you get a room in the main building because reception can be poor in other rooms. This is a quiet and lovely hotel that is both comfortable and convenient for travelers on I-90. In addition, parking areas are well lit and it's located in an area where you don't have to worry about your car being broken into. I'd choose this hotel over any other whenever I am on I-90 near Cleveland for quiet, quality, and value.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank Lemurcatta
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We arrived midweek and were a little nervous about Quail Hollow by it's outside appearance. Definitely an older building, yet the grounds were nicely kept. Once inside, the lobby was very nice and staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were quite spacious and other than an older tv, everything was updated and very nice. No complaints at all.
We dined at CK's for dinner and the food was very good. The breakfast buffet was smaller, but everything tasted good. The waitress even offered to special order eggs for us.
We enjoyed the outdoor pool which offered a lot of lounge chairs and tables. The indoor pool and fitness center also looked very nice.
One word to golfers hoping to golf at Quail Hollow Country Club. It's private and you can only golf there by reserving the golf package at the resort. That really wasn't stated on the website that I could tell, but the front desk easily switched us to that package.
My only negative comments are that we were in a separate building so it was a trek to get to the pool. Down the elevator, down 3 hallways, down another elevator, back up a hallway we had crossed a floor above. So request the main building!
The other comment was that it is along the expressway which we didn't expect, although I can't say that we heard a lot of truck traffic from our room.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend the resort.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank travelhutjo
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We just returned last night from a four night stay at Quail Hollow. This was our third trip here and we like the location and the reasonable cost for our room. It is near the Quail Hollow Country Club where we played golf twice, being ClubCorp members. It is also near enough to Cleveland (30 miles or so) where we saw 3 baseball games. The hotel has a decent outdoor pool and a good restaurant, CK's steak house. The pool could use some umbrellas for shade as it was very hot this week and the sun was broiling. The rooms are adequate and comfortable, but could use some updating as the resort really has not changed at all since we first came here about 10 years ago. Staff is friendly and maid service is quick in the mornings. "Business" center is tiny and not conducive at all for business services. Needs a thorough update. For a long weekend on a tight budget, this is a great vacation spot.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Equity
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painesville
Comfort Inn
Hampton Inn Ashtabula
#1 of 5 in Austinburg
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby

Been to Quail Hollow Resort? Share your experiences!