“Okay”

Quail Hollow Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Painesville
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had a brief stay at the resort while attending a family wedding. While the lobby was very pleasant and our room was clean (although a bit tired in the décor), there just wasn't anything spectacular about this place.

Our main disappointment was that the staff seemed to have no sense of urgency. From the front desk to the bar to the restaurant, no one was in a hurry to answer our questions or serve us. With a little bit of effort to improve their customer service, they could really make this place shine.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your response. I would like to apologize that our staff was not accommodating during your stay. I assure you that this is not a standard of Quail Hollow Resort and that we will take measures to correct our mistakes. We use these surveys and responses as a learning tool. Your concerns have been expressed to our Front Office Manager and to our Food and Beverage Director. Again, I apologize and hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Quail Hollow Resort

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The resort was spotlessly clean. The staff went out of their way to make each person's stay as pleasant as possible. The nearby golf course is beautiful--one of the loveliest public courses I have ever seen. The food in the restaurants was fine--not gourmet, but good. The only problem is that the resort itself is "tired" and seriously needs updating and renovating. All in all, it was a nice place that could use major refreshing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula D
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff went out of their way to accommodate you. Your positive comments have been expressed to each department in the resort. We are hoping to do some updating and renovating very soon to have a refreshed resort. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Most guests who come to this hotel probably do so for the adjacent golf and/or to utilize the conference and meeting room space. I came to attend a wedding nearby and planned to spend much of one day working from my room, but was surprised to find I could not get a reliable cell phone signal even though the hotel is right off a major interstate (I-90). I complained to management to see if I could move rooms, but they said it was big problem anywhere and that it seemed to affect mainly AT&T customers. However, I have a Verizon phone, which was constantly getting either no signal or dropping calls.

The manager seemed annoyed that I was complaining and at my suggestion that they should make guests aware of this problem ahead of time. At my request, he said he would adjust the billing for my two-night stay, but did not do so at least by the time of check-out.

The hotel has good bones, but the rooms are close to needing some renewal (worn out upholstery). On the plus side, it seemed a good price ($131 per night plus tax) and the gym was among the best I've seen in a hotel setting, and there's a nice indoor and very good outdoor pool. The conference space looked good, and I had a good room service meal. Just plan against the prospect of being "off the air" for your stay.

Room Tip: Great gym, but good luck with getting a cell phone connection.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize that you were unable to receive cell service during your stay. We are currently working with the cell phone providers in the area inquiring if there was anything that we could do so our guests would receive better reception. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our fitness facility and our swimming pools. Thank you again for the feedback, and we hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Pros:
- Reasonable Price
- Quiet Room
- Comfy bed + clean otherwise
- Nice soaps

Cons:
- Mouldy bathroom + small walls
- No ventilation in bathroom
- Crappy towels
- Wobbly fixtures
- Staff couldn't or wouldn't call us a cab
(considering how far it is from any bars)
- Dirty Lobby
- Off the beaten path
- Smelly lounge

Conclusion:
- Good hotel if you get a deal

Room Tip: Try back of hotel (addition) if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced with your room. I assure you this is not a standard we have at Quail Hollow Resort. Your comments have been addressed with the management staff of both the Housekeeping Department and the Maintenance Department. I would also like to apologize for our Front Desk not accommodating your needs for a cab. This issue has been addressed with the Front Office Manager. We hope that you will give us a chance to service you in the future, so we can show you the standards we strive for at Quail Hollow Resort.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I read many of the reviews, expressing staff issues and concerns. I had a different experience. The shuttle driver to the airport or wherever, AL, was a very nice person, and very knowledgeable. I also had a problem missing a "bus" to the city, and they were SO HELPFUL in finding me a taxi or limo service. I called.. WEDRV4U.. and I had a quick ride at 5p to downtown Cleveland for $55! the airport taxi's would have charged $140!

Anyway, the front desk people were responsive when I checked in (Noon) and departed (6a). The resort staff at the bar, and the breakfast buffet were helpful and attentive. I stayed with a conference and we were placed in rooms as far from the meeting rooms you could get. I asked for a room closer, and my room was a few rooms closer.. the other rooms closer were more expensive and empty... I thought that was a huge mistake.

The food was very good. Conference meals and their Breakfast buffet was prepared well, and broad in selection and priced at $12.95, a real value. I did not play the golf course, but those who I did talk to said it was a fun course. I gave it a 4 because it was a 4.5... and did not want the little things impact this review.

If you are arriving at the airport, ask for shuttle service it is free! The hospitality suites are simple, small, but positioned to keep the noise down.

Room Tip: if you stay for a conference, try to get rooms in the 20's
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WarmVacations
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit with us. We are glad that you did indeed enjoy your stay! The kind words that were expressed about our Shuttle Driver and Front Desk Staff regarding your experience have been passed on to the Front Office Manager. I am glad we were able to accommodate your needs and that you were able to get to Downtown Cleveland. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Rooms were acceptable but nothing special. Very unknowledgable staff including front desk. Our group has held reunions all over the United States in the last 29 years and this was by far the most poorly managed facility we have ever been to. The hotel prepared food was extremely average at best and very expensive. Rooms were not set up correctly for the numbers of people for dinners ie; 61 people but only seats for 32. They charge a 20% service charge for everything including AV equip., ice, flip chart, etc for the hospitality room. Veteran groups beware as we were not treated with respect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that our intent was not to disrespect you or anyone else with your group. We definitely took our time detailing the event and explained all the charges upfront. We value our Veteran Reunions and execute multiple each year. Your experience has been discussed with all levels of management and the staff is being addressed appropriately.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

When we checked in the desk clerk was not with it. Computers were down (not her fault) but she wasn't knowledgeable. I was always taught "first come, first served" but clerk wasn't taught that. One member of our group checked in and I was standing there but she decided to help 2 kids that walked up to desk after we were there before she helped me. Duh

• Stayed: September 2013
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your experience. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay. We use these reviews as a training tool and the response that you gave us has been given to the Front Office Manager. These issues will be discussed with the Front Desk Staff. Once again I apologize, and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Painesville
Comfort Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Hampton Inn Ashtabula
Hampton Inn Ashtabula
#1 of 5 in Austinburg

Been to Quail Hollow Resort? Share your experiences!