“Comfy Family Place”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Painesville
Summit, New Jersey
“Comfy Family Place”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a family for a holiday visit. The kids loved the pool. We loved the great sheets! The breakfast/brunch buffet is good, but not gourmet by any stretch of the imagination. Staff is super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that your kids loved the pool! We have a new chef at the Resort and hope that you will give us a second chance in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Brookline, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed there by accident as our trip from Boston to Michigan was diverted from Canada to Ohio due to one of us (me) forgetting his passport. Very pleasant and we made a point of staying there on the trip back home. Desk staff very friendly, precise, professional. Room very clean, everything worked, no squeaking doors. Beds comforable and well placed lights if one wants to read and the other sleep. If you don't like AC the rooms we had actually had windows that opened. Grounds pretty, well landscaped. The lobby is ample and a good place to read. Breakfast not included, but they had a deal for $10 and it was worth it. Very ample spread. The woman who does the omelettes really knows her stuff. Coffee a tad bitter for my taste and like most every hotel, they could use more whole grain items.

Room Tip: ask for room with small frig. Not all have them and they don't cost extra
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay! It was a pleasure to be a part of your vacation both to and from Michigan. Your wonderful comments have been passed on to each department, so they can be shared with all of our staff. We hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.
wisconsin
Reviewed August 16, 2013

After a long drive, we decided to stop and the Quail Hollow is where we ended up. Very glad we did. Previous reviews have called the rooms 'dated'. I see nothing wrong with the décor in the hotel at all! Our room was very clean and our check in was fast and efficient. I only had 2 concerns with my stay. When checking into the hotel there were several people behind me waiting their turn and my room number was spoken out loud for all to hear. Seems minor but I still prefer privacy of that information. The only other thing would be to request a room away from the elevator. It is no fault of the resort that its guests are loud walking off the elevator and talking at 1230am. We would definitely stay again. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I have addressed your privacy concern with our Front Office Manager. The concern is going to be addressed with the Front Desk Staff. Again, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to you staying with us in the future!
San Francisco,CA
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a family 50th wedding anniversay party to attend in town and were looking for a nice place to stay for several rooms for 4 nights. Our stay was mediocre at best. The rooms are dated and in need of a facelift. There is no complimentary coffee in the lobby for hotel guests. I must say I have never stayed in a resort where at least this small no cost to the hotel courtesy was not offered. The staff acted as they could care less and offered little to no customer service. One night I returend to my room at 9:30PM and to my dismay the room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk to ask for some clean towels and was given one towel for my room of 3 guests. Again no attention to customer service. My husband left an engraved expensive pen in the desk drawer of the room upon chek out. I promptly called the hotel the next day and needed to make several return calls to find out the status of my lost item. It was never found. I wonder if they even looked as when I checked out the hotel was empty after a sold out weekend so it was unlikely that the room was checked into by a new patron. Another member of our group checked into a filthy room with the desk chair pushed in with food all over the chair. Although I have stayed at quail hollow several times over the past decade or so the quaility and customer service has really gone downhill and would elect to stay elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your experience. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay. I assure you this is not a standard of Quail Hollow Resort. We have addressed the issues with the management of the Housekeeping Department and The Front Desk. They are currently looking into the service that you received. If you would like to discuss your stay in detail please feel free to contact me directly. Once again I apologize for your experience, and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Quail Hollow is a lovely hotel and resort but for a simple overnight stay try Holliday Inn, Baymount, or any other chain. The lobby and facilities are beautiful but the rooms, while large, are no different from any franchise hotel.

The double queen room was $157 on a Thursday with no breakfast.

It is quiet and clean but there is nothing here at $157 that you can't get at a Holiday Inn for $110 (with breakfast).

Nice place but I cannot recommend it based on value.

Room Tip: The hotel is far off the freeway so the rooms are all quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience. As part of the management team here at the resort we review all guests’ comments. I do apologize that we did not exceed your expectations in value. Our full service resort has a number of amenities that we offer, including two 18-hole golf courses, a full service spa and restaurant with lounge. We take pride in our resort and our service and hope to have another opportunity to serve you, as we are certain our product will exceed your expectations.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We traveled to Quail Hollow Resort for a wedding. It was a one night stay. At check-in I requested wedding party instructions. We were informed there were none only to find later there were directions to the wedding and the two day agenda. Our room was very dated but clean. We were there the next day for the Sunday brunch in the restaurant. The breakfast was good but the room was understaffed. I probably would not stay at Quail Hollow in the future.

Room Tip: Many guests complained about air condition problems and there was no maintenance available. Ask the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Please accept my apologies for not exceeding your expectations. I have sent your comments about the wedding agenda to the front office manager to see what happen. Next time you are in the area we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you, as we are certain we can exceed your highest expectations.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Quail Hollow has a great deal going for it. Beautiful grounds, easy access to and from I-90 but tucked away just enough to avoid freeway noise, a nice fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, spacious rooms, good dining, and a well planned, pleasant layout. I've stayed several times and have been very happy.... until now. My room had a chair which was not only loaded with food trash from the prior guest, but was broken to the point - no exaggeration - that I almost fell through it to the floor after I swept away much of the junk. The staff was slow in responding to that. They didn't replace the chair, they just took mine out, a day and a half after I first infomed them about it. Just as bad, when the staff cleaned after my first night, they did not, to put it mildly, do a thorough job. A lot of complaints later, issues were resolved, but by then my stay was almost over, anyway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very disappointed to see that we did not exceed your expectations, as we have in the past. I have notified the housekeeping manager of your issues and she will be looking into the situation. If you would like to discuss the situation in further detail, please feel free to contact me directly. I can assure you what you experienced was not the norm for Quail Hollow Resort and hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painesville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor

Been to Quail Hollow Resort? Share your experiences!