“Perfect Place”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Painesville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Perfect Place”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I wanted a little weekend getaway, and Quail Hollow Resort was the perfect place for it. The room was comfortable and clean, the staff were friendly, the food was tasty. The rooms could use a little TLC (in mine, the wallpaper borders were rolling up) but were very clean and comfortable. The place is HUGE so it is better to check in and get your room before parking or else you will be doing a lot of walking. The breakfast buffet was better than average, but also wasn't free for us (apparently some people had tickets for it, we did not).

The pools are both really really nice. They aren't the tiny hotel pools I am used to! They are both very big and very nice. They also have a hot tub which is great (but it was sweltering over the weekend so we skipped it!). The fitness room is nice with lots of different machines - and not just cardio which is a great surprise in a hotel fitness room. They have a sauna, locker rooms, and provide towels. The pool/fitness situation definitely upgraded my thoughts on this hotel!

But the BEST thing about this hotel is its location. It is right off the highway for easy access but it doesn't FEEL like it is right off the highway! Within 20 minutes you can be at the Headlands beach! It really was the perfect spot!

Room Tip: The hotel is HUGE so depending on what room you get, you might want to park somewhere other than the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure to be part of your weekend getaway and we look forward to you next stay with us. Your kind comments will be shared with the rest of the Quail Hollow Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Chardon, Ohio
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Despite living only about 15 minutes away from this hotel...my family and I stay here multiple times a year. The hotel itself is nice. The rooms are a little small but usually pretty clean. Im always quite satisfied with the comfort of the beds (although on our most recent stay...my husband complained that his pillows were like "rocks"). The true beauty of this hotel is that almost daily you can book a room there through Priceline for $54. Well worth the money to take the kids and enjoy the pool/hot tub. The restaurant on site is good but it is a little pricey. We have eatin at cks many times and while I'm usually happy with my food, we have had some truly awful service there on more then one occasion. That being said...the service from the front desk of the hotel is always great!

Overall, we love our nights away at Quail.

• Stayed June 2013
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We have passed along your comments to the Food & Beverage Director as well as the Front Office Manager. We are glad that you enjoy your time at the hotel and strive to exceed our guests’ expectations. We look forward to your next stay at Quail Hollow Resort.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was a decent property which appears well cared for. Nice common areas, good staff. I stayed in room 109 a doubled bedded standard room.

PRO's:

• Has Micro, no fridge.
• Good bed, but cheap hard pillows
• Marble shower surround

CON’s:

• Dated décor and furnishings
• No fridge
• Cultured marble countertops

The breakfast was OK, nothing special. I think $12.00++ is a bit pricey for breakfast here.

SCORE:

I give this room a 75/100 overall and 78/100 for value. I would consider looking elsewhere in the future, but I would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. We use guest feedback as a service and standard training tool and will review your comments with all management and staff. We hope that we have another chance to serve you in the future.
san diego, ca
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Quail Hollow Resort, is a decent place to stay and play. lIf you plan on Golfing at Quail Hollow Golf Course, you'll need to stay at the Resort, unless you're a member. The Resort/Hotel itself is in decent shape and the staff if very aattentive and friendly. The grounds are nice ibut not quite the "resort" quality I've seen on the West Coast. Rooms are a little dated, but adequate. My room could have been a little cleaner, there was black hair in the bathtub upon arrival. However, once I notiifed housekeeping, they arrived promptly to clean the bathroom again.
Overall the quality matched the price.

Room Tip: We booked on Priceline, as a Mystery Hotel, we only paid $57 night, great value for the price. Norma...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We have been a premier resort here in Northeast Ohio for more than 30 years and strive to exceed our guests’ expectation. I apologize that you did not feel that we meet your resort standards. I have notified the rest of the management team of your comments and we are working to correct any issues that we can. If you would care to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me.
Pearl, Mississippi
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here at least three times a year for five or six years, using Priceline. My husband always said he thought we got a lower level of service and a worse room because of that. I didn't think that was true...until now. We returned late last night to a room that hadn't been cleaned well. The bedspreads were pulled up, but the beds weren't made. We had no towels, no shampoo, no toilet paper, no bath mat, no wash cloths. The front desk clerk was apologetic and said he didn't know because he was the night guy. In the morning, my husband spoke to the general manager about our issues, and told him we were long time customers. The manager told him that Priceline customers pay less, so they are not going to get the same room as someone who pays regular price. He was not at all apologetic about the fact they treat Priceline customers differently. The hotel is still a good value...just know what to expect if you book through Priceline.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Taya33
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I have passed your comments on to our housekeeping manager and she is addressing the situation. Our policy is to clean rooms of those staying over daily and I apologize that this did not happen in your case. Our intent is never to give one guest better service or standards than to another. You are a valued guest and I hope we have the opportunity to show you what we really have to offer. If you wish to book in the future, you may contact me personally and I would be delighted make the arrangements for you.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here last night while on our way to Massachusetts. I received a great rate through Priceline and did not even have to bid.
Upon arrival, staff greeted me with a warm smile and helped me get into my room quickly. Hotel has a lounge and restaurant which serves a great buffet breakfast.
Rooms are great. Bed was comfy.
Will stay again when coming through.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments will be shared with the rest of the Team. We look forward to your next stay at Quail Hollow Resort.
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Arrived on a Wednesday for a 2 night stay. The GM greeted me with a glass of bubbly; off to a good start. Checked in to a tidy room and prepared for the evening. Dined at the Redhawk Grille (next to the resort) and had a great time on the patio; dining, drinking, conversing, listeneing to a live "one man band". Played golf on Thursday and again on Friday...beautiful walk (not as Twain said "spoiled"). The employees at the resort are very helpful & cheerful and I would recommend and stay at Quail Hollow Resort again. Free morning coffee, both in the room, which I did not use, and just outside the restaurant on the 2nd floor, which I did utilize.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your response regarding your stay. We hope you will think of us for all your future hotel needs when visiting the Cleveland area. We also hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future at CK’s Steakhouse or CK’s Lounge here at Quail Hollow Resort. Once again thank you for your kind comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painesville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor

Been to Quail Hollow Resort? Share your experiences!