Quail Hollow Resort, A Trademark Collection Hotel
$102
Priceline
$109
$101
All reviewsquailbreakfast buffethot tubindoor and outdoor poolsgolf resortfitness centerdowntown clevelandsaunagolfingniecewineriesfireplacefixturesrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I have no complaints about this place- it is clean and absolutely beautiful. Excellent location, the restaurant is amazing (Fish & Chips!!!), and the breakfast, although not free, is pretty cheap and immaculate. My only complaint is the way a group of middle-school-aged sports team kids were allowed to run rampant throughout the inn with a total disregard by their coach/chaperones. Imagine a dozen or more adolescent boys running through the halls, slamming in and out of their room across the hall, locking each other out, yelling and talking loudly down the halls, congregating outside their (and your) door, bouncing dozens of inflated balls down the hall, and stuffing them in their shirts to resemble breasts and parading around like that. Not to mention the way they overtook the pool/hot tub area. That's the whole reason my husband and I didn't go to the pool.

At 10:30 in the evening, we had decided we had enough and called the front desk. A man from security promptly came and told the boys that curfew at 11:00 required they be in their room or with a parent. They didn't go to their rooms until 11:30, and even still were very noisy.

I understand the staff probably did not want to spoil the boys' fun or make the adults with them upset, but it was very inconsiderate to all of the other nearby guests. The room was on the second floor, but still very close to where I'm sure the front desk staff could have heard them carrying on. I would think even before "curfew" that they should be under adult supervision as minors. This is a great fault of the boys and their adults, but I believe more could have been done on the part of the Quail Hollow staff in consideration of their other paying customers.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank honestevaluations
bgoodnight, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, A Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you for your comments; we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the beauty of our resort and your restaurant experience. At Quail Hollow Resort we strive to have great customer service and comfortable rooms for our guests to enjoy. We apologize for the issues you experienced with some of our other guests and the inconvenience it caused for you. I hope that you will always feel free to contact our staff and let us know when there is something that we can do to make your stay more comfortable. If the issue isn’t resolved right away, we are happy to follow up until it is resolved. Next time you are in the Painesville area, we hope that you will visit Quail Hollow Resort again.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I had written a bad review for the hotel on Trip Advisor after a miscommunication about a credit card charge. Long story short...they charged me $10 for something that they explained would not be charged upon checkout.

I wrote a bad review about this and they called me to apologize and credit back the $10 to my credit card. Very professional and I really did appreciate their willingness to explain what happened.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zak W
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed here as a groupon. There are activities close such as Chapin forest (20 min) for snowshoeing and cross country skiing. The pool and hot tub were decent. Our room was huge, comfortable and clean. The restaurant was terrible. Poor wine selection for a steak house. The food was fairly good but the ambiance was weird and our server would be better at Denny's. Not impressed for $80 dinner.

• Stayed: February 2012
bgoodnight, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, A Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our amenities and local attractions while staying with us. We do apologize for not meeting your expectations in our steakhouse. CK’s Steakhouse is in the process of updating the wine selection to compliment a new menu. We hope you will be back soon to experience our new selections and features.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

The hotel was very nice. They had a group there playing music and also a steakhouse. The staff was helpful but not overly so. My husband and I would consider going back during the summer to enjoy a golf package.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

We do appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are staffed to assist you 24 hours a day. In the future if you find anything to be unsatisfactory, please contact us to promptly resolve any issues. Please visit our website or contact us directly to book one of our many golf packages during the season. Our live entertainment is in our onsite lounge every Saturday 8pm to 11pm. We do hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for a week and all in all was well looked after. The bed was excellent and the room comfortable, clean and practical. The internet (I used WIFI) worked great.

On the down side, the heater/airco was loud and made sleeping complicated and so I ended up turning it off at night. This meant my room cooled to 60F on a winter evening and so my morning started with me turning the heater back on and waiting in bed until the room warmed up. It reminded me of my childhood in the 60's waiting for the gas heater to warm the room up.

The restaurant has good selection and has a good reputation locally as a steak house. I found the bar area was more fun to eat in as it was a lot more lively than the dining room. Service was excellent. Breakfast catered for all tastes with a diverse buffet and, on some days, specials were offered by the breakfast chef. The room was always made up soon after I left which was nice when I needed a workplace in the afternoon. The fitness room and pool area were roomy and well equiped.

One night we had to list to a false alarm fire alarm for an hour and I was told that something similar happened the week previously.

Lastly, and perhaps a little wierd for some, this place could do with a visit from a feng shui consultant. Very long straight corridors, dead end hallways, hard to find elevators, made the place awkward to get around. Personally, I had to walk about 5 minutes to get from reception to my room.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
bgoodnight, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, A Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience at Quail Hollow Resort. We are glad we met your expectations in most area. We do take pride in our customer service as well as our wonderful on site restaurant, Ck’s. We appreciate your compliments and kind words. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused by our fire alarms. This was a rare occurrence and all issues that caused this disturbance have been rectified. We hope to have you stay with us next time you are in the Cleveland area.