“The Best Food in NE Ohio”
Review of John Palmers Bistro 44 - CLOSED

John Palmers Bistro 44
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Dayton, Ohio
“The Best Food in NE Ohio”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family lives in Cleveland and we make it a point to stop in at John Palmer's every time we are in town. The wine selection is stellar. The food is always amazing. the last time we ate there, I had a pasta dish with scallops that was to die for. My son had a steak that was cooked perfectly and melted in my mouth when I asked for a bite. This restaurant is truly a diamond in the rough in Painesville, Ohio. It's easy to see why everyone wants to say hello and compliment the owners when they are there for dinner. We are foodies and this place is one of our favorites.

• Visited May 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
“We stopped going there...”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We used to drive across town to go there. Then we moved to Concord Township and we were thrilled it was 5 minutes away. We watched this place go from stellar to well below average. The biggest change was the owner/chef was not there.

The food became okay. The service is not great either used to be very good. We literally gave it 3 more tries hoping we just hit a bad night.

Nope...if I spend 100 or more on dinner I expect good food and good service. We have now discovered Bistro 70 the chef is always on site and it as been 100% perfect every visit.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Donna W
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor service”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Very poor service...slow. It appears the server was tired and didn't want to work. Worst of all - I witnessed a server cleaning the restroom, then serving food. I am horrified. When we questioned this behavior - the server rolled her eyes and said "John and Michelle make us clean the bathrooms. We think it's wrong too." In general, the food is overpriced for the small portions, however tasted decent.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Linda J
Youngstown, Ohio
“Many good options for dinner”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My family and I have eaten here many times over the last few years for consistently good meals. Service has always been excellent and seasonal menu options are sure to please. This is also a great place to go just for cocktails and apps. A good wine and beer list rounds out the menu. Lobster nachos have been a regular menu item for some time and I recommend them. I also enjoy any of the steaks. I think the dress here would best be called smart casual. In the summer you can dine out back and catch a Tribe game. Prices are fair for the quality of the food. Always warm and inviting. Be sure to visit!

• Visited April 2014
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Fantastic Find!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

In town for business and came for dinner with another couple. Great food, good wine and nice atmosphere. Will definitely return if I am in town.