“Wonderful dinner!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cleveland, Ohio
“Wonderful dinner!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My family and I ate at JP Bistro 44 on an early Saturday evening to celebrate my graduation from nursing school. Service was excellent, food was superb, and a wonderful time was had by all. We loved the kobe beef egg rolls and cheese plate for appetizers, and my delicious entree was the sirloin with green beans and loaded tater tots (a must try). The desserts are decadent, and the JP margarita was one of the best I've had. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
“always great best in lake county”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

johns plamers is always great i have been there more then twice a month sometimes and love going there and sitting at the kitchen bar and watching the kitchen in action. the chefs are always willing to make modification if you want and also make things that may not be on the menu. There menu is perfect a blend of new things to try and also there traditional menu items that work for them and most people can find something great to eat.

Visited April 2014
Carmel, Indiana
“Excellent! Scrumptious!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

This hidden gem in Painesville was an excellent choice for dinner during a quick stay over to visit family. We started with the calamari appetizer which was tender and tasty and full of flavor! Onto the entrees of seared scallops which were delicate and cooked to perfection! And the Kobe sirloin was delicious to the last bite! Wish we had room for dessert as they were tempting but were already so satisfied! And finally the live music was enjoyable and a pleasent backdrop! We will be back so much more to try!

• Visited April 2014
Cleveland
“Valentines Dinner”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Consistently great! We had filet and the bison ribs. Both were fabulous! I love the atmosphere. Enjoyed live music!

Visited February 2014
Mentor, Ohio
“dirty dishes, indifferent service, mediocre food”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I made dinner reservations for valentines day for my wife and I for 8:30pm, which was the earliest table available. We arrived early to check in and were invited to sit at the bar to wait until our table was ready. While waiting, we ordered drinks. There was a solid smell of bleach at the bar, as if they had been cleaning recently. My wife started to drink her martini, which had an odd taste, then noticed a lipstick mark on the glass. My wife doesn't wear lipstick, so it wasn't hers. I returned it to the bartender and was made a replacement. Although the bartender didn't seem very happy, she was pleasant enough. We waited. We waited. We waited. We watched other couples that arrived well after us get seated, then 40 minutes later were asked if we were ready to be seated. Once seated, we were rushed to order, found that what I wanted was not available, as they had just sold out of it. I went with my second choice, and waited. We got our salads right away, but they were noticeably prepared much earlier in the day, as the lettuce was all limp and wilty, even the romaine. Otherwise the salads were fine. I was hoping that the entrees would be better. Both the salmon that my wife ordered, and the pork chop that I did were received coated in sauce. it was so much so that everything on the plate was. The salmon was overly peppered and dripping in sauce. The plate looked as if the sauce was applied with a sponge, as it had a square shape with a straight line creating the shape. My pork chop, though overly sauced started out OK, not great, but OK. Halfway in I hit a large taste of salt that stayed with me most of the night. Our server returned when we were finished, asked if we were done, as there was still food on the plates, and not due to portion size. My wife told her that her risotto was gummy and that the food was just coated in sauce, to which she replied, "It sure is", then took the plates away. After waiting a bit, and feeling ignored, we were asked if we wanted anything else, I just asked for the check. We had one drink each, a salad and entrée. The meal came to $92. It wasn't worth half that. At no point did servers seem to even care if we were enjoying our experience. It was our first visit, and we will never go back. It was not a good way to spend the evening on Valentines Day. The rest of the day was fantastic. The restaurant choice just wasn't good.

• Visited February 2014