Rider's Inn
$129
$104
$100
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsthe pubthe potato leek souporegon trailpicnic tablesthis past weekendelaineridersbrunchbandhalloween
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Highly overrated and overpriced. While the restaurant was EXCELLENT as well as the service, the room was cold, and did not meet my standards for cleanliness. The sheets and towels were clean, however the room had not been swept thoroughly for quite some time. Filthy around the edges of the room, and one night when I took my slippers off to get into bed I stepped on something sharp only to discover a toenail clipping. It was NOT mine! The blinds and fabrics were stained and dryrotted. The creepiest person in residence was NOT Suzanne the ghost, by any means.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Crane10Ohio
Reviewed April 26, 2009

We were guests at a wedding performed by Judge Crane and held at Rider's Inn. The wedding was at 4:30 PM and as late as 10:00 PM, Judge Crane was observed still personally seeing that the guests and wedding party were having every need met and beyond! If you want a PERFECT wedding, I recommend the lovely, historic, Rider's Inn. From the ceremony to the waitstaff, from the cake to the luscious chocolate covered srawberries, this was a flawless wedding ceremony and dinner. Kudos to Judge Crane for making available shade for the "old" folks without calling us such, for making the ceremony FUN and for other great things that were done for the newlyweds and their family. Judge Crane you are the best "Innkeeper" I have ever met, and your staff is the most exceptional service 'family' I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

• Stayed: April 2009
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank hw333abilene
Reviewed March 20, 2008

I took my son with me on an extended vacation up north to see the snow. We stayed in New York, Montreal, and Washington DC with a side trip to East Cleveland to see family and friends. My son seems to have forgotten all the 3 and 4 star Hotels we stayed in and rants about Elaines House! It has been three weeks since we left the Riders Inn, but my four year old makes me promise everyday that we can go back to sleep at the Riders Inn.
I know why! Elaine suggested the Lutz room and Room Seven so my son could have his own room...and he was so excited to know that Sammy the Kitty might come and sleep in his room at night! As soon as we arrived I felt like we were home again at grandma'a house. The staff made us feel so comfortable there that every morning I went downstairs in my robe and socks to get my first cup of coffee.... And my son loved to roam the house in the morning and order his scambled eggs and toast while he waited for me to shower and dress. It was nice to visit and meet with family and friends in the cozy dining area. My husband flew in to join us that week, and loved the nighttime entertainment, especially "open mike" night! If you never stayed at a B&B before, or want something a little different and memorable, consider the Riders Inn!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family